Thank you BBH!!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
Does every woman on here have to prove things to the DH with outside sources or is it just me? Nope, me too :frow
ditto here too. And not just SS things.

Dh was horrified to learn that the kids and I had been drinking unpastuerized goats milk all summer long while visiting my parents. He knew we were drinking raw goats milk from a friend's goats but for some reason thought she was pastuerizing it.

I have seen commercial raw cow's milk for sale here in CA at Sprouts.

And :rolleyes: at how it is legal to buy pot but not raw milk. Great comparison.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Dace, did you not see this thread: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3490 ?

I had been talking to dh about it for quite a while, even got two nubians, but our fences were not goat proof, so Isold the goats, as hubby was not motivated AT ALL about fixing them for the goats. I showed these articles to dh, he read them and then did his own researrch, and now he is wants the goats now too. It will be soooo much easier with him now, as I won't have to nag him to fix the fence. Actually, we will be putting up a whole new fence for their own special area.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lol, big brown horse. The instance I was thinking of was adopting our children. dh wasn't on board until he had talked to other adoptive families and done his own research. that's not something I could have done without his support.

As for doing things without asking, that's how most of our home remodeling projects start. :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just do it without asking!!
Tht's not really an option here, when I need him to help with the fence, and I also need his coperation when we go out--that we need to be home in time to milk the goat. If it were as easy as buying it at the store--there wouldn't be an issue, but if you have to have the critter yourself, it's a family decision.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:gig I was talking about buying the milk. I don't think even I (the craftiest, sneakiest animal hider in the world) could hide a GOAT!! :lol:

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol:

Oh how many animals have I snuck home & hid until after I *ahem* sweet-talked DH. Lobo, my wolf (Lord, I miss him :hit ), Zorra, his daughter, both cats, ummmm, the chickens. Yeah, I don't think I could hide a goat either. Aren't they a little noisy? :lol:

He wants fresh, unpolluted milk, but at first he was disgusted that I wanted us to drink it raw, until he overhead some of the class info. Then I printed out some of those articles BBH posted & took them home. Now he's stopped trying to talk me into buying an electric pasturizer his BIL is getting rid of. Which I never saw the point of, regardless of whether raw is good or not, seeing as we'd only be getting 1-2 gallons daily :hu

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I will never forget dh's face when I came home from work one day and went into the house to get him. I asked him to come out and help me get something out of the car. Just open doors for me, I said.

There was a pygmy-x (Te'a) in the dog crate in the back seat..... :lol:

That was typical. I had my first batch of chicks in the cellar for 2-3 days and he never noticed the ultra-loud peeping all day! Especially loud in our bedroom, with two dummy heat registers in the floor from a former heating system....I call them "speakers!" I had to finally trick him into going downstairs (Honey, would you get something out of the freezer for me? *bats eyelashes*) so I could get the suspense over with.

He yelled, "HEY! WHAT IS THIS?" I said, "Those are your new chickens!" :lol: