That's some mighty fancy cuttin', there Tex

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife and I are hanging plywood on the ceiling of the cave. I have her help me remember the measurements and also double check while I'm laying out the cuts on the backside of the plywood. We got to the first support of the garage door and she now what? Well it looks like it need an L shaped slot. She didn't quite understand... But I said write down these measurements Boss.

When it came to laying out the cuts. She insisted I cut a big chuck out for the supports. I said Boss, can you please go and make us a pot of coffee? When she came back and looked up. She said how did you do that? I said it's magic honey, pure magic. She said that's some mighty fancy cuttin' there Tex!

She missed the whole thing where I took down the runner (4 bolts) and slid the plywood slots through the supports and put the runner back up and re attached it to the supports. She still can't figure out how I did it and I'm not gonna tell her either :lol:

IMG_20201106_212107965.jpg

IMG_20201106_212147358.jpg

BTW this panel hoist is worth every penny. It really should be called "The Marriage Saver"
IMG_20201106_220124742.jpg

IMG_20201106_220713416.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor from across the road asked me to edge join some walnut boards together. He and his wife are so good to us, I couldn't say no or can it wait. I used my skill saw because I haven't set up shop yet. I was flipping amazed how easy it was with a length of 2x4, few clamps, doweling jig, 3/8" dowels and skill saw. I can't figure out if God was guiding my cuts or I'm so lucky I should play the lottery. The boards glued together as good if not better than if I had used my jointer and tablesaw.
IMG_20201108_225104958.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife and I are hanging plywood on the ceiling of the cave. I have her help me remember the measurements and also double check while I'm laying out the cuts on the backside of the plywood. We got to the first support of the garage door and she now what? Well it looks like it need an L shaped slot. She didn't quite understand... But I said write down these measurements Boss.

When it came to laying out the cuts. She insisted I cut a big chuck out for the supports. I said Boss, can you please go and make us a pot of coffee? When she came back and looked up. She said how did you do that? I said it's magic honey, pure magic. She said that's some mighty fancy cuttin' there Tex!

She missed the whole thing where I took down the runner (4 bolts) and slid the plywood slots through the supports and put the runner back up and re attached it to the supports. She still can't figure out how I did it and I'm not gonna tell her either :lol:

View attachment 14895
View attachment 14896

BTW this panel hoist is worth every penny. It really should be called "The Marriage Saver"
View attachment 14897

View attachment 14898
Nice work, and a great gadget