The Bacon Explosion worked, I'm getting married...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If more women only knew about the powers of the bacon explosion....

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
If more women only knew about the powers of the bacon explosion....
I'd certainly be willing to make one. . .but I still need to find the right guy to serve it to. ;)

dreamweaver

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!! And what a romantic way to do it! Did he hang around to see you collect the plastic egg with the ring inside?

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah, he's usually not too interested in collecting eggs, but he was insisting that there was something weird going on in the coop...highly suspicious behavior, hehe.

And let's not go there yet with "when's the wedding?" :lol:
I'm not hyperventilating, I haven't gone screaming down the street, we best not push it.

To be clear, I think *being* married sounds like the best thing ever, but the idea of *getting* married makes me a little green. I am fully prepared to have (respectful, friendly) war with the women in both our families. They're going to go crazy and try to make a circus. I'm going to stomp them. Nicely of course.

The stuff that pop culture has done to weddings makes me GAG. Flowers, for example. A friend of mine got married last year, and had hell with the florist over her "meager" flower budget of $1000!
Sheesh, I'm not spending $1000 on plants unless I can eat from them for decades.

I was thinking the botanical gardens would be a nice venue, or maybe one of the prettier sites up at Cheaha (Alabama's tallest mountain, gorgeous state park). Or heck, his parents have a nice backyard!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went to a great wedding once... it was in their backyard (which was admittedly beautiful), it was potluck, and they had a buddy bring a big stereo... we all danced in the driveway with tiki torches around :)

Their budget for the ENTIRE wedding was $1000 :)