The different kinds of wheat berries

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
I was able to pick up 45 pounds of soft white wheat today at the Herietage farm out side of Waco.. it's in a 5 gallon bucket. it ran me 50.00... I hope that was a good deal..
Seems a bit "spendy" as they say here in SDAK. On the other hand, having it as one person said is "money in the bank". The price will only go up and the product will remain useful indefinitely.

Not sure who Heritage Farm is but you may want to check the local grain elevator. You'll have to package it yourself, but a brand new 30 gallon trash can is fine for wheat. I put a plastic bag over the top before I add the lid just to deter critters.

Buy all you can get now. Later is always more of a gamble. :hu

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where are you all getting it if you want to grow it ? Seems to me now is a super good time to plant the heck out of it , right?

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Heritage Farm is a little ways out of Waco, Texas.. They produce alot of their own food. and preserve doing things the old way.. They plow with horse and team,, have a black smith shop, weave, wood work shop etc. they have a grain mill and grind their grain..
I did notice on the bucket that it came from MT ( Montana) we don't grow soft wheat here.. in Texas.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
Heritage Farm is a little ways out of Waco, Texas.. They produce alot of their own food. and preserve doing things the old way.. They plow with horse and team,, have a black smith shop, weave, wood work shop etc. they have a grain mill and grind their grain..
I did notice on the bucket that it came from MT ( Montana) we don't grow soft wheat here.. in Texas.
That sounds like a great resource. You might also like to enquire at waltonfeed.com :thumbsup which sells a large line of beans, grains and foods for preparation/storage. They are very helpful and ship promptly.
Best
Trim

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The members of our church in the first ward all went in together a few months ago and ordered from Walton Feed.. I was only able to order some of the small #10 cans of some of the grains to go with the wheat I already had.. I'm hoping next time we can order together I can get some of the bigger containers ..

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had taken relatives out to show them The Heritage Farm place and eat lunch there.. I just happened to ask while in their mill if they had larger containers of the soft white wheat.. I had the extra money that day so I went for it.. LOL.. they also told me the price went up and down.. I looked on the bucket the other day and they had ordered it from montana..

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
The members of our church in the first ward all went in together a few months ago and ordered from Walton Feed.. I was only able to order some of the small #10 cans of some of the grains to go with the wheat I already had.. I'm hoping next time we can order together I can get some of the bigger containers ..
Obviously, you and your friends at the first ward have been taught to subscribe to the practice of Provident Living. Such practices take the fear out of what is going on since being prepared for an emergency is part of our daily lives.

You might want to look for Best Containers. They sell containers at good prices. I buy their 1 gallon paint cans and fill them with grain from the elevator as well as Walton Feed and then pump food grade nitrogen into them to displace the Oxygen. I also buy their food grade plastic 5 gallon buckets and tops. They ship promptly and are easy to work with, IMO.

Best
Trim sends

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for the information.. How far are you from Tea South Dakota??? My sister and her husband have a house in Tea. He is currently stationed in El Paso Texas and they are renting the house out to friends..

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is also a place I found called Wise. website is wisefoodstorage.com. toll free number is 1800 393 2570. They offer a selection of dehydrated meals.. I ordered a sample of I think the lasana. fixed it for me and hubby.. He wasn't impressed.. I thought it was pretty good..

Latest posts