the funny farm, i am back

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hello. I'm a new here. Just starting up, myself. Nice to meet you

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sell to your neighbor, he will always be "one of those" bad neighbors and a PITA. Go buy something else and make it your own. I would have a hard time getting rid of my animals, but we do what needs to be done. Glad you are home and can start your farm over.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sell to your neighbor, he will always be "one of those" bad neighbors and a PITA. Go buy something else and make it your own. I would have a hard time getting rid of my animals, but we do what needs to be done. Glad you are home and can start your farm over.

I'd tend to go the other way with that and make his life horrible. But I'm poor white trash like that.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No, he hasn't made an offer yet. We believe he is going to try to be a dick for a period of time and then offer us half what it is worth because we just want away from him. Not going to happen. Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't sell it to him... I would fence it and put 100 hogs there! From what I am hearing he is pissing off a lot of people out here, and that is starting to turn against him.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And I now have 2 pairs of lavender Orpington, and a pair of mottled Japanese bantams. (And 4 quail).:woot

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My thought was that he might pay a lot of money for your place because he wants all the property around there. But if he's going to offer you half it's worth, buy the pigs! LOL

Congrats on the chickens, Orps are big beautiful birds.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yah. He bought the east side of us 3 years ago. He built a brand new house. And his dogs started coming over from the beginning. They have a giant great Dane who is great. But then they have a first terrier who is an ass. She was cought pulling quail out of their cage, chasing the rabbits under their cage till the died from stress. Digging into my chicken pens. And I had my sweet little pitbull who wouldn't hurt a fly, and she would come over trying to start a fight. Finally py pit snapped and grabbed her and flung her about 8 feet. Put a pretty good gash in her leg. They decided to keep her penned up after that. She does get loose once in a while though. So I am going to be getting game cams and setting up. About 2 years ago he bought the land on the west and north of us. For the right price I would sell. We owe $42,000 I would sell for $80,000. Give me 38,000 to buy something else with. If he wants it he will pay if not, I can be a pain too.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got a surprise this morning. My daughter knew I was (kinda not real hard) looking for 2 puppies for outside. And she just dropped of 2, 3/4 husky and 1/4 lab puppies. Not my first choice of breed and was planning to wait till I replaced some fencing. But they are here. Cute little buggers though. I did find a 5 month old Rottweiler pup someone was rehoming. He is a giant goofball. But with hubby working nights I wanted someone to keep me company and keep the robbers and boogeyman away. Lol. Still looking for a house cat and some barn cats. The mice are horrible.