the funny farm our real farm name...

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think when I first started in here I didn't have our official farm name yet, but the name for our farm is actually "fluffy butts farm" about 4-5 years after we named our farm another person in our state named the farm the same as ours so I added Durham's to the front so now it is "Durham's Fluffy Butts Farm". we bought our place in 2008 and my dad always joked that we had the funny farm. we have @ 5 acers. and have had horses, ponies, donkeys and goats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, guineas, ducks, sheep, dogs and cats, and pet store type animals. (if you see it inn a pet store I have raised it) plus pet skunks, racoons, squirrels and a deer. we raised 4 daughters who are all grown and gone now. and 4 grand kids. the oldest is the light of my husbands eye. first boy in the family lol.

we have had a lot of setbacks. my husbands job closed and he went over the road and after the last kid moved out I sold all the animals and went with him. then we came off the road and I was doing good and getting built back up and I found out he was having an affair so I again sold out and was leaving, and we decided to work on things.

I currently raise mini rex rabbits and hoping to add a couple more breeds soon. we have 3 dogs, a pitbull outside for protection and a chihuahua (that we got to ride on the semi with us, and a French bulldog. I also have some Muscovy ducks. my first chickens were wiped out by a racoon. so just getting a new flock started. I would love to get pony and cart and a milk cow.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With 5 big barky dogs, nobody wants to come through our gate-except friends that have been properly introduced.

I'm glad that you are back, even more glad that you are restocking with animals-that's the things that make us happy, isn't it?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Max is a coon killing fool. He was loose when I brought the last2 livetraped coons out of the barn. they growled and hissed at him and that made him mad. he is good with all other livestock. I wish I could leave him loose but we have an asshole neighbor. He killed 3 last fall. I think they were getting into his food and he doesn't share his food! and now he goes bonkers when he sees one.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With 5 big barky dogs, nobody wants to come through our gate-except friends that have been properly introduced.

I'm glad that you are back, even more glad that you are restocking with animals-that's the things that make us happy, isn't it?
yes, my animals make me happy. Max scares people but he is a big meathead!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Max is a coon killing fool. He was loose when I brought the last2 livetraped coons out of the barn. they growled and hissed at him and that made him mad. he is good with all other livestock. I wish I could leave him loose but we have an asshole neighbor. He killed 3 last fall. I think they were getting into his food and he doesn't share his food! and now he goes bonkers when he sees one.
We totally fenced our place. The gate across the driveway is a PITA sometimes, especially if it is raining, but it keeps our dogs IN and everyone else's OUT.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We totally fenced our place. The gate across the driveway is a PITA sometimes, especially if it is raining, but it keeps our dogs IN and everyone else's OUT.
that is what we need. they don't mind there little terrier loose, but nobody else's better be loose. but until I get money saved...

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20200707_173852.jpg

Latest posts