The Grumpy Patch

Grumpy Pumpkin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well all, after a weekend of crappiness, I am back. I just loved the muffin. I think we would have to take a chainsaw to that bad boy to cut it up!! I think I said it before, I have officially named the month Craptober. The going just seems to be getting rougher and rougher. Do you ever feel like you are getting the raw end of the deal on all sides?

This is SS, not Days of our Lives. All of you so far are a super duper group and I don't want my blog associated with hateful-toward-man feelings. Maybe I AM grumpy. So I just decided to share tough life lessons I am learning along the way....especially this weekend....

A person cannot care enough for the both of you. Eventually that bandaid approach will wear out, just like a bandaid on the knee.

One can survive without smiling, compassion, companionship and empathy. But why would you want to....

One can never be all cried out....

If you wear your heart on your sleeve, it is not wrong. It is not even a bad thing most of the time. But don't get involved with someone who can shut their emotions off like a lightswitch. Cause that person will always get a full night's sleep.

Okay, that is out of the way....I got a thought this evening, maybe simplifying your life means to do it emotionally as well as physically. The bible is simple. kids are simple (although I heard teenagers are tougher). I find with all the great ideas on here, I motivated to simplifying physically. But maybe one brings the other. Just a thought. I am thinking about cleaning out closets and drawers in order to feel fufillment from the lack of clutter. I think this weekend I have started to wrap my mind around decluttering my heart as well. Why not? Kids are simple, they are happy or they are not. Sure, they find challenges along the way but a hug and smile usually helps comfort. But marriage is presenting challenges that I am having a hard time dealing with. Do the masses go to ikea in droves desiring that "everything in it's bin" look because deep down they know that they are everywhere and want the physical to affect the emotional in a positive way? That is what I am looking for this evening....simplifying emotionally. Being self sufficient when it comes to taking care of emotional needs. Another thing I always tell my kids....

Never compramise with your happiness.

Never.

Lesson from the weekend. I promise to not strongly dislike tomorrow. Hey, one good thing is that Spud is home from school so we are all sleeping in....well maybe until 7am. The kids can't let me slack that much!! Ha ha.

Oh, also someone asked about school, I am going back to school to be a nurse. I just enrolled in a program starting in November. I have always worked for financial institutions doing everything from teller to fraud, but I am tired of the desk, if you know what I mean. Maybe it is a mistake. But in my heart, I just feel it is the right thing. Simplifying my life, making myself sufficient. Amen!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sounds like you are having a month. You really do need muffins and......wine maybe. Or a good dose of chocolate. WAIT.....I have it chocolate covered cherries and champagne.

No man bashing here. Just some facts.

From head to toe men and women are different. Not just in outside appearance either. Our brains are different and our bones are different.

Did you ever notice that you can climb a ladder just fine but coming down is a problem and clumsy feeling but a man can go up and down all day with some sort of grace. Its because of our hip bones. Ours are set further apart and at a different angel to accomodate seperation during child birth. This also gives us that cute little wiggle when we walk that men don't have.

When you ask a man what he is thinking and he says nothing you don't believe him. Well, actually he is capable of actually thinking nothing. Kind of like in a sleep state but not asleep. Where women on the other hand can't make our minds shut up. This is also the reason they can fall asleep in a matter of seconds. While we lay awake fuming and rehashing the last 10,20 or 30 years of our lives. I find a good book helps me. I still don't sleep but at least I am thinking about something else.

They don't take hints. You have to tell them flat out what it is you want or expect. Just don't expect it everytime, just because you want it this time - to them does not mean you want it all the time. LOL And lets be honest, we probably don't. Because next time will be slightly different. Shoot you might even get lucky and he will remember anyway and try it and it won't work which will confuse him even more. You know that confused look a little puppy gets when he pees outside but comes back in and poops and you scold him. You just know he is thinking well heck, I peed outside what more do you want.

Happiness comes from within. You can never depend on anyone else to make you happy. If you do you will always be disappointed.
Because nobody but you knows what makes you happy. Besides men are not for happines, they are for dirty jobs....ummm I guess when you really think about it them doing the dirty jobs makes me happy.

The grass is not greener on the other side. You just can't see all the brown patches from your side of the fence because you are looking at an angle. And if it happens to actually be greener it still has to be cut.

And congrats on the decision to go back to school. My daughter is 29 and just returned to school this year. She also wants to be a nurse. I hope you stick with it and don't let anything get in the way.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wonderful post 2dream

(I didn't know that about hips and ladders!) :p

For me, I gave up "asking or requiring" too much of Tony. Men just don't give it and chat about junk like woman. And most never will.......so I do what I need to so I get that satisfaction of the "chat"---I go out with my best friend Barb. We say everything. Her hubby is no diff. than mine...LOL and it feels good to acknowledge it, chat about everything under the sun and we get out "emotional chat release" therapy.

I do not overthink as much anymore...less analyzing etc. I now find the simple in life. It DOES make a huge difference. Simple is important. Women's minds are cluttered, and I did de-clutter my house big time. It is wonderful. I love it. I broke the "material stuff" bond and gave it to goodwill, friends or the landfill and a simple, clean, easy house is so much of a release it is unreal. I never knew. Now I do and no clutter will ever come back.

Hang in there Grumpy. You will have a better November. Congrats on the school. New adventure means new beginnings!!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We all have our days, GP. :hugs

2dream said:
I find a good book helps me. I still don't sleep but at least I am thinking about something else.
I found that just reading a book really didn't help me, because I would keep going back to stewing. :/ We can't change anyone but ourselves and how we respond in situations. We can't change ourselves without help. So I started turning to The Good Book instead. It brings me more peace and I am able to let go of the garbage and frustration. (Don't read this as easy, it certainly isn't; and please don't read this as preachin', 'cuz I certainly am not.)

And you know what Scarlett O'Hara said..... "Tomorrow is another day!" Hope yours is better. ;)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Don't worry about teenagers, I think they were easier to deal with than prepubescents. Give them some respect and room and they seem almost human, plus they can cook and go to KFC for you.

And don't worry about the marriage thing, it seldom works out (j/k) - men and children will not clue you in as being appreciated but they do, more than you will ever know so don't be so easily discouraged. And what does this de-cluttering your heart mean?

btw what college program did you sign up for?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Heard a guy on TV once say that men's brains have boxes in them and all their thoughts go in the appropriate box. There is a box called "nothing". It is empty. When you ask them what they are thinking about (which they hate for you to do) and they say "nothing", believe them. They are in that box.

Women cannot fathom the concept of thinking about nothing. We are boxless.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Heard a guy on TV once say that men's brains have boxes in them and all their thoughts go in the appropriate box. There is a box called "nothing". It is empty. When you ask them what they are thinking about (which they hate for you to do) and they say "nothing", believe them. They are in that box.

Women cannot fathom the concept of thinking about nothing. We are boxless.
You better watch out with your flippant remarks there Ldychef2k I know where you live (or there about) the 2000 mile bacon trail will lead me right to you, plus I own a pig bull with a nose for some ice cream.

Men say "nothing" because they don't want to get into an argument, the basis being is that women can always seem to take anything said and contort it into a non-existent free for all (not Ted Nugent either) plus the fact that every time you ask us a question you want a 20,000 word essay.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:
XPC you have me cracking up. And you are right! :)
I don't want to admit it but yea I hear ya!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
xpc said:
...women can always seem to take anything said and contort it into a non-existent free for all (not Ted Nugent either) plus the fact that every time you ask us a question you want a 20,000 word essay.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Actually my DH is the chatter in this family. He talks on the phone for hours on end to all his friends. His cousin Barbara loves it when he calls her. He gets home about an hour before I do everyday - and just about everyday when I get home he is on the phone talking. He also has a really good woman friend that he talks to at least 1 time a week for at least an hour. All of his guy friends are big talkers too. Go figure.
When all else fails he will make as many phone calls as it takes to find someone to chat with.

I on the other hand make maybe 2 phone calls a month and I never talk more than 4 or 5 minutes.

I wish I could keep his answers to questions contained to 20,000 words. LOL

Latest posts