The Homesteader's Way of Feeding Chickens

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you are sprouting seeds, they go a lot further than if you are feeding them whole, so you'll figure out fairly soon how much you actually need. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
WaltonFeed wants $71 to ship me $28(100 pounds) worth of seed! :lol: I don't think that will work....wonder where they are located, they DO have GREAT prices, but shipping is outrageous to me. Too bad. :(

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I probably didnt order enough seed. But I wasnt allowed to many seeds :rolleyes:
Maybe we can share some since we're so close some time down the road ;) If I find a great deal I'll ship you some for free :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
How is pinetree's prices?
Can't seem to find anything on that site...it keeps referring me to other sites :( I'm wondering if my local TSC or Co-Op could just order some cheaper from their sources :idunno Going to look into it. I am trying to find things to sprout that both us and the chickens will eat, just in case the chickens don't like it, I'd hate to be wasteful considering how tight the budget is at the moment.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I would like to post this on BYC and see what I get. :lol: Probably not these answers.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
How is pinetree's prices?
Can't seem to find anything on that site...it keeps referring me to other sites :( I'm wondering if my local TSC or Co-Op could just order some cheaper from their sources :idunno Going to look into it. I am trying to find things to sprout that both us and the chickens will eat, just in case the chickens don't like it, I'd hate to be wasteful considering how tight the budget is at the moment.
I would say they will like it because mine ate grass clippings.

Im letting my sprouts do some leafing before it gets fed. Sounds healthier to me.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I would like to post this on BYC and see what I get. :lol: Probably not these answers.
Actually there is a sprouting thread on BYC. I haven't looked at it yet though.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Actually there is a sprouting thread on BYC. I haven't looked at it yet though.
I guess I need to go and lurk some..........:hide