the hovel i want to call home

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
SKR8PN's right. Nothing those vandals would like more than to find copper wire and plumbing supplies unguarded. I could come live there in a camper for you.....
we've got a travel trailer that sleeps 8. i will most likely move it over there if this is a go, just as soon as i figure out the water situation (the pump house is perfect and most of the pump is there, but SOMETHING is missing).

you and Gary are more than welcome to come and bunk with me! man, i seriously wish the other house was fixable too. then you and Gary could live there and we could start our own little SS farm village!!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
I can see you curled up in a chair reading a book on the front porch already! What fun!
seriously. that porch will be SPECTACULAR with the screen replaced. and it faces toward the "barnyard" so i can sit and read and keep and eye on things!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
kcsunshine said:
SKR8PN's right. Nothing those vandals would like more than to find copper wire and plumbing supplies unguarded. I could come live there in a camper for you.....
we've got a travel trailer that sleeps 8. i will most likely move it over there if this is a go, just as soon as i figure out the water situation (the pump house is perfect and most of the pump is there, but SOMETHING is missing).

you and Gary are more than welcome to come and bunk with me! man, i seriously wish the other house was fixable too. then you and Gary could live there and we could start our own little SS farm village!!
I'll bet the pressure tank is missing. I didn't see it in the picture and it should be a good sized thing.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I'll bet the pressure tank is missing. I didn't see it in the picture and it should be a good sized thing.
yeah, that's what i was thinking. the tank in my well house is pretty big and that one just seemed to have a little tank not much bigger than a football.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what also might look good is that front porch to be glassed where the screen was and all the wood on the porch stained and the now front door and the window next to it removed to make a huge entrance from a sun porch to the main room and the entrance door be placed next to the concrete stairs now that would be gorgeous

and the wood in the attic is awesome just rip out all the ceiling in the fireplace room and remove all the nails and nasty stuff sand the rafters down and the actual roof up there and stain it and just leave it exposed

that bathroom looks big enough to squeeze another 1/2 bath out of it

i imagine that house pale sun yellow with white trim or real light soft blue with eggshell trim so so cute and so so cottage like

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i am currently redoin a house right now and craigslist has been saving me on expenses

my problem is that the prices are so good that i just keep buying now i got 3 showers and only 2 bathrooms along with 3 tubs for 2 bathrooms and i cant even begin to tell you how many light fixtures i have bought and now cant use

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
i am currently redoin a house right now and craigslist has been saving me on expenses

my problem is that the prices are so good that i just keep buying now i got 3 showers and only 2 bathrooms along with 3 tubs for 2 bathrooms and i cant even begin to tell you how many light fixtures i have bought and now cant use
hahahahah.....I've got 4, count 'em, 4 hanging lamps out in the garage right now. Either CL or garage sale finds. And nowhere to put them now..