the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Friday was almost a bust for cleaning or making much progress on anything other than i did get the beans sorted that i'd accidentally mixed together when they weren't supposed to be. i guess i needed bean sorting therapy that day. i ran errands in the morning.

Friday night and Saturday was sleep deprivation. the weather change (going from warm to cold) set off a sinus headache and made me uncomfortable enough that i could not get to sleep. finally after Mom woke up in the morning i got up and drank a Coke as sometimes the jolt of caffiene will help and it did help a little but still not enough that i could sleep. later in the day i had a migraine for a while and hid under the covers and kept trying to sleep it all off as that is the best way to get through it. so no more cleaning that day either. Mom baked all day and i tried to sleep. i'd not had a migraine in quite a long time so i guess i was due. i'm glad that they don't actually hurt but they do screw up my vision and all i want to do is hide in the dark and sleep and stay away from any noise at all. sensory overload. what is funny is that i'd been talking to Mom the night before about migraines and that i'd not had one for a long time. she said yesterday that it was all because i got my glasses fixed. same glasses i've been wearing all along. nothing really changed with them by fixing them... she was just trying to be funny. :)

today i hope to return to cleaning. i have a lot of beans to sort through and organize.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm glad you're feeling better. I had some migraines like that in the past. They were miserable. I'm glad you are getting relief from yours. :hugs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm glad you're feeling better. I had some migraines like that in the past. They were miserable. I'm glad you are getting relief from yours. :hugs

i'm so glad they are not regular happenings. i have a SIL who gets migraines frequently and she has a tough go of it. for me once every few years or even once every few months is nothing in comparison.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad you’re feeling better. I have chronic migraines, used to be worse but I do still have them fairly frequently. Coffee, ibuprofen and Tylenol are my friends.

caffiene withdrawals and also ibuprofen both have the same effect that if i take them for two or more days in a row and then stop i'll be setting mysefl up for a withdrawal headache. i purposely today avoided all caffiene and chocolate and i had no need for ibuprofen so i hope tomorrow will be safe. should be.

i know they are learning more as time goes on and trying to find meds that help people who have the chronic kinds of migraines, but i am not sure how much it has changed.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are some new medications but they are really challenging to get access to and very expensive. Basically other than seeing a neurologist (which I did 10 years ago and didn’t help much), which, good luck getting an appointment in the next year right now… there’s not much doctors will/can do for you.

I try not to take ibuprofen but some days nothing else works!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are some new medications but they are really challenging to get access to and very expensive. Basically other than seeing a neurologist (which I did 10 years ago and didn’t help much), which, good luck getting an appointment in the next year right now… there’s not much doctors will/can do for you.

I try not to take ibuprofen but some days nothing else works!
DD15 gets migraines and has also been battling a nerve headache for a month. Got some meds from the neurologist and we are 5 days in, they are lessening but not going away.

I pray and feel for all of you that struggle with headaches, no fun.