the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
was able to finally get the garlic planted today and do some other gardening. :) windy but warm enough. i'm just glad that i made some progress for a change in a garden someplace so it looks nicer for the winter season and i'll be working on that garden a day or two more, but as usual it may take longer than that. i'm not quite firing on all cylinders here... :)

staining i hope to finish Wed/Thu - hope the weather forecast is accurate enough it works out.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a few bean pictures. :)

the gray beans aged to look more like watermelon seeds and the pink ones (that came from solid olive colored beans) are aging to look like other pink beans i've had in the past where they tend to turn more of a tan color. i was hoping they'd stay pink.

DSC_20221107_104458-0500_1789_New_Odds_thm.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
found out today what lady bugs taste like. not good. :)
Doesn't sound good. BUT, today I found out today what regurgitated food from a goat's stomach tastes like. I was medicating a goat and she spit the entire contents of her mouth (cud) straight into my face...and mouth...and eyes...and nose. I must be getting soft in my old age because she still lives, lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good. BUT, today I found out today what regurgitated food from a goat's stomach tastes like. I was medicating a goat and she spit the entire contents of her mouth (cud) straight into my face...and mouth...and eyes...and nose. I must be getting soft in my old age because she still lives, lol!
:sick

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
woohoo! I bet you're happy to have that project behind you!

ghods yes. i still have some caulking of gaps along part of the roof i'd like to do to keep the bees/hornets/wasps out but that will have to happen next year (it is getting too cold overnight). the staining part though is 99% done and whatever i missed i'll live with because i can't see it. :) walking around with my glasses off on a cloudy day ... i think i rigged that inspection... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

OMG...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did get some gardening work done out there. first got the hoses drained and coiled and wrapped up so they're ready for storage, tossed them in the garage.

then went along part of the driveway and cleaned up some pine needles and cedar bits that had been blown by the high winds. all good organic matter for a garden so they were dumped in the garden i'll work on next (whenever that might be).

got the horseshoe garden ready for winter, spread five buckets of ashes on top of that and got those sort of turned in enough that it will be ok now for the rest of the winter.

cleaned up some green seeded squash this evening and cooked some of one to see what it was like. interesting... details/pics on the end of the squash page at:

tired, bedtime, goodnight... :)