the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no more mice, waiting for snow on the ground to return to see if there are still tracks before either removing or resetting the traps that are out there now. they've not been disturbed.

making progress on my record keeping stuff even if it is slow. i should have a few quiet hours today to make another dent in it. still learning quite a bit so that takes time for me (repetition is required to get it past the short-term memory block and to get it back into the thicker part of the noodles that are still left in here :) ).

not much cooking going on lately but i've been told i'm on tap for making cream puffs in the near future. sounds good. wish i had them right now i'd have them for breakfast. :) my last batch of tapioca pudding was near perfect and so good. had a hard time not eating it all in two days and stretched it to four.

i think i'm also holding my own on the weight goal. even if kept at a steady state that is a good thing for this time of the year. keeping busy with projects helps me a lot too with this in that it keeps me out of the kitchen and away from the sweets and refridgerator. apples have become a good snack and meal at times replacing more calory laden versions. not that i'm not doing some of that too, but not as much and that may be all it takes to hold steady instead of gaining.

seed swap is still looking to be going so i will gradually be chipping away at that too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new person showed up for the garden club meeting, since i'd been warned that the other two regulars were not going to be there today i wasn't sure i'd be busy or not and made sure to take things with me to do. spent almost three hours running my mouth and answering questions. i get a whole month's worth of talking done once a month.

gave him some beans seeds to go with his other sprouts he has starting up. also will bring him some empty vinegar bottles which are more sturdy than milk jugs to use as pots for plants. he has a history of growing things and it should be fun to see where this goes. :)

also got some peas put into the seed library and packaged some up for the seed swap.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's awesome! Always good to see a familiar face that you haven't seen lately!

he used to have a vet clinic off the main road right where we turn on or off that road from this side road. so we see it there and closed now all the time, but he retired about a year ago. one of the nicest people i've met in my life. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got the strange record issue in a file (that was not appearing on a statement) talked about today with a financial institution. the person i dealt with was the CEO and was happy to hear about it and took down the information and then i had to walk them through how i produced the results i was seeing since they didn't know what i was talking about. always glad to teach people about things like that (i tend to be someone who can find odd situations in almost any program that the authors never thought anyone would ever attempt or have reasons to do but this particular one wasn't that obscure)... anyways several hours later they called back and explained it to me. i wasn't really glad to hear what they explained as it didn't make sense to me but oh well at least they knew about it and i could move on myself with my project.

it's a good winter project because during gardening season i'd not have the energy or patience for this sort of thing. :)

tomorrow i should get another issue taken care of with another company. working down my list of items to check off...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are things that nag at you annoyingly but, aren't type that get immediate attention. Like a broken water line, or needing to can ripe tomatoes that can't wait easily.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got the next one done this morning since their phone lines opened up at 8am. nice lady who i got laughing quite a few times. :) i told her i was a frequent trader (i've never changed anything with this account since i left my job back in '96). all set. checked off. next! :)

it was something i should have done years ago because the one account wasn't really doing all that great in comparison to the other, but now with the way the world is looking i think prospects for it were getting even worse. so basically it was switching funds from a global fund to a mostly indexed S&P 500 fund. not exactly but close enough and it's done well over the years.

Latest posts