The Many Uses of Breastmilk

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yup I nursed all my kids until they were over a year old...it was and is the natural thing to do...but to get ME to drink a glass of breastmilk would be like asking me to drink a cup of urine...I just couldn't do it:>)
The do say that urine is good for alot of things too LOL

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Yup I nursed all my kids until they were over a year old...it was and is the natural thing to do...but to get ME to drink a glass of breastmilk would be like asking me to drink a cup of urine...I just couldn't do it:>)
:gig Its kinda ingrained into us for some odd reason.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I wonder who was the first to look at a cow's udder and say, "Gee, I bet that stuff would taste good!" :hu
I bet he or she was chased from the villiage with ROCKS FLYING! :gig

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
MorelCabin said:
:gig Its kinda ingrained into us for some odd reason.
I read this book a few years ago that was very much against human consumption of cows milk. The auther brought up two very strong points that I can remember...animals are weaned from thier mother's milk and never drink it again, just as human SHOULD be weaned and never drink it again...
Cows milk is meant to be drank by a mammal with four stomaches, as calves have, because it takes that many to be able to digest it.
Another thing he said was that he could imagine the reaction, if when driving down the highway, you saw a guy in a bussinnes suit sucking on the udder of a cow...now that would stop traffic wouldn't it:>)

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I read this book a few years ago that was very much against human consumption of cows milk. The auther brought up two very strong points that I can remember...animals are weaned from thier mother's milk and never drink it again, just as human SHOULD be weaned and never drink it again...
When I was in college, the campus vegetarian group had some very intense posters about how "Humans are the only animals who drink milk past infancy. GROW UP."

But then a group of amused students in a group called PETA (people eating tasty animals) posted some signs that said: "Humans are the only animals who drink milk past infancy. We're also the only animals with a written language, developed cities, and symphonic music. Be proud of your human heritage. Drink Milk."

An interesting point, I think. ;)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Yeah, we do alot of things other animals DON'T like growing our own food etc...

I don't see anything wrong with it really - I think we've developed to enable us to digest cows (and other) milk. I do believe there is a LIMIT - I mean I really think a person would have issues if they drank gallons and gallons of the stuff every day. But a cup or so a day I think is ok.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am not for or against drinking cows milk...if you like it drink it, it won't kill you by any means...well at least real raw milk won't:>)
I like cereal with milk, and I drink all the milk that's left in the bowl..but I am not a person who will pour a glass of milk unless it's strawberry enhanced:>) teehhee!

But none of these would I ever think of doing with breastmilk:>) LOL

hmmmmcould you add strawberry quick to breastmilk...would you get that same creamy taste?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I am not for or against drinking cows milk...if you like it drink it, it won't kill you by any means...well at least real raw milk won't:>)
I like cereal with milk, and I drink all the milk that's left in the bowl..but I am not a person who will pour a glass of milk unless it's strawberry enhanced:>) teehhee!

But none of these would I ever think of doing with breastmilk:>) LOL

hmmmmcould you add strawberry quick to breastmilk...would you get that same creamy taste?
:gig :gig :gig Chocolate breastmilk - you gimme the chocolate - I'll make the milk! :gig :gig :gig :gig

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
As a current breastfeeding mom, this was the first time I braved my way into this thread...lol

I was trying to avoid it. Unfortunately, I mistakenly read the first post to my husband, now he is insisting he has a sore throat :gig

Latest posts