The Many Uses of Breastmilk

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
ticks said:
Wait a minute pat and beekissed. When have you tryed baby formula? :lol:
Sorry, I've never used formula. I suppose if I *had* to for some important biological reason like being clinically dead or on giantly-toxic prescription drugs, I would probably taste it just in the interests of curiosity. But it is a too much along the lines of a chemistry experiment for me to expect to like it :p

Pat

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ticks said:
Oh, Then just beekissed. :lol:
Been there, done that! Second child allergic to milk and had to do soy...ya think I wasn't going to taste it for quality purposes? If you've ever had a baby, everyone knows....a bite for baby, a bite for mom, a bite for baby.... :D

Ticks, never underestimate the nosiness and curiousity of a woman! Now that's free advice and you can take it to the bank! :lol:

hensdeliverthegoods

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
mockingbird girl said:
As a breastfeeding mother myself I can definitely vouch for its many uses! haha.

I've got a 23 mth old and a 6 mth old-- I've donated about 170 oz of breast milk to a family in need.. and I'm still going. Thank heaven's for my chest freezer! :D
Bless you for doing this! And as for your chest freezer...have you tried a warm sweater? :p

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to quit coming back here.. I just can't stop LOL when I get here!

I do have to add this (since we're on the subject)

that when I had my first son, and was nursing him... I had a friend who had 6 month old twins she was nursing. She also had a 2 and 4 yo. :eek: So I would take my son over there, and help her out. Well many times she'd ask me to nurse one of her babies, if they were wanting to eat. Her milk wasn't keeping up w/ them both... and at their size she couldn't nurse both at the same time. I was in shock when she asked me this the first time!!! I never did it.. but she still always asked.. and wondered why not? I'd never heard of such a thing.. but I just didn't feel like you were supposed to do that. Now, as a more experienced mom... and been in need of milk when my daughter was in the NICU.... If I could go back... I'd do it. It wouldn't have hurt anything... and could've helped her out.

Just thought I'd share! :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Isn't that fascinating the way we look at this subject? I imagine wet nurses have been a part of feeding children through most of the world's history, probably until formula was created and then still probably in developing countries. But, I bet most people in America would be horrified at the idea! My previously mentioned in-laws would probably call social services :)

sht4luck

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hi everyone. This is my first post on here and i can't beleive it's on breast milk. I am a stay at home dad and saw a segment on aol about a lady that send her extra milk to african mothers with aids. She has gotten a program together for others to send it to. tought it was a great idea that others might be interested in. not sure the web site though. great recipes. have a good day all.