The Many Uses of Breastmilk

Lunachick

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:D I just registered to reply to this. I just read in the newspaper that a certain group (four letter word that starts with "P") was trying to get Ben & Jerry's ice cream made with breast milk so the cows wouldn't have to be used.

After reading the article, my first thought was, I could just see all these women sitting around corporate Ben & Jerry's waiting to express their milk. :eek:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Lunachick said:
:D I just registered to reply to this. I just read in the newspaper that a certain group (four letter word that starts with "P") was trying to get Ben & Jerry's ice cream made with breast milk so the cows wouldn't have to be used.

After reading the article, my first thought was, I could just see all these women sitting around corporate Ben & Jerry's waiting to express their milk. :eek:
I know a few guys that would sign up to work for free at THAT dairy! :p :lol:

OH....BTW...welcome to the SS, Luna!!! Glad to have you....AND your funny post!

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lunachick said:
:D , I could just see all these women sitting around corporate Ben & Jerry's waiting to express their milk. :eek:
LMBO! That's just too funny!

Nah... they'd use the milking equipment that was used on the cows.. and just hook up the women out in the barn! (so they could be in a natural environment)

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome luna!
I was telling my DMIL about this and she said that she had just seen something on t.v. about this!

That P group need to stop trying to push their ideas onto the rest of us. Can you imagine how much breastmilk would be needed for that?? We could feed all the infants of the world with it!

Monica

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
OK I think I just lost my taste for ice cream...but I wish I was nursing a baby right now...I could have a job for life:>) Getting milked...haha
As long as they sit me in front of a computer all day they can milk me all they want...

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I'm with Morelcabin. (in an 'eeuww, and yet...' kind of way <g>) I won't be having any more kids <sigh> but it just seems kind of sad to have no further use for something I turn out to be so GOOD at, i.e. lactating. Hate to waste a talent, especially since it involves exactly no effort or thought on my part <g>

I would have made one heck of a valuable dairy cow :p

Pat, not really *wanting* to be a dairy cow, but, you know what I mean. Uh, I hope :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hate to waste a talent, especially since it involves exactly no effort or thought on my part

*****hey Pat---there sure was effort on your part to have milk.....hmm...9 mos. of pregnancy and then alot of dirty diapers after...LOL-LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I throw GREAT calves, but "P" would definitely have to pay for my reconstructive surgery after I had been milked for years! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh, I was informed that they pay quite well for women to pump and sell their milk to mom's who want the benefits of breast milk without actually having to do the breastfeeding themselves. Somewhere along $10 a gallon?