The mouse hand called for a time out.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
70119826_10214990177293188_1421209875156828160_n.jpg

It's been a long three or four weeks. But the stitches are out and I'm able to have some brief computer time. I had carpal tunnel for probably 20 years or more, but it took the trigger finger not settling down to make me see the surgeon. I'd had steroid shots in that same finger twice, so it was time. Arthritis kicked in on the knuckles of that same finger two weeks before surgery. I couldn't even manage a proper bird, much less spend any time googling.
I get the other hand done Oct 3rd.
That little "G" towards my pinky was so the surgery crew would know which ortho doc was doing the surgery. lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow - hope the surgery does the trick for you! My DH had surgery on his left hand a few months ago - we'll be scheduling the right hand soon enough. His incision is totally different than yours though. He doesn't have the one down by the fingers and the one on his wrist goes way up. He had two nerves involved so they had to open him up more to reach both nerves. Hope your recovery is as good as his. His left hand is now stronger than his right hand - proof that the surgery worked!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
His left hand is now stronger than his right hand - proof that the surgery worked!!

That's great to hear!

I couldn't even manage a proper bird, much less spend any time googling.
I get the other hand done Oct 3rd.

Glad you are finding some relief. Hey, both hands should be all healed up by the holidays :clap Hope the arthritis can be helped in some way. Shame to get the fingers working and the knuckles go! :old

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That looks painful. Wishing you a speedy recovery and much improved function. I'm nursing a trigger finger along with B complex, Turmeric and cucurmin, and an Oval 8 splint. Overall, I'm seeing improvement, then... after a day of heavy gardening, it'll act up again for a week or so. Super painful to unlock it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The splint actually works well. Down side is that the finger gets stiff after wearing it for a few hours. Most often, the finger acts up AFTER doing the gardening. I think carrying heavy buckets and other such tasks put more stress on it. And any activity which involves wrist flexion and finger flexion AT THE SAME TIME is a killer. Also doing my own therapy on it.

@Marianne , I'm guessing that the distal incision is for the trigger finger, and the proximal incision is for the carpal tunnel. You are blessed in that the doc was willing to do both at the same time. Often surgeons will not do that, b/c it prevents them from dipping into the billing pot twice.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Marianne , I'm guessing that the distal incision is for the trigger finger, and the proximal incision is for the carpal tunnel. You are blessed in that the doc was willing to do both at the same time. Often surgeons will not do that, b/c it prevents them from dipping into the billing pot twice.[/QUOTE]

That's the truth. When I called to make the initial appointment, the gal said that he wouldn't do both at the same time. I was prepared to beg (I'm not above that when necessary), but he just said that he would do both. Yay.

The long finger is just starting to act up a hair on my left hand. I have surgery for the carpal tunnel on the other hand in a couple weeks, but if the finger gets any worse, I might as well do that one, too.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let me know how your trigger finger surgery pans out for you. I'm putting mine off until it gets to the point where it regularly impacts my function. Currently, it behaves more often than not.