The New Way Forward Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Watched it twice and read some it. The country is at a very dangerous crossroads

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah and it passed the House, that's the scary part... Is there not a single moderate Democrat left? Thank God, that won't become law, POTUS already said IT ain't going to happen. Besides it won't get past Mitch in the Senate to be put on the floor for a vote.

When will these people understand that Illegal is Illegal? I've given up trying to understand liberal democratic logic. To me it seems they've fallen and bumped their heads.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
anytime something comes from any Fox news outlet it is usually very hyped and reactionary. not much comes from there that i care to read or watch. i don't follow the reactionary press because what it feeds on is racism, fear, and a lot of faked patriotism which is more likely to just be fears of the unknown.

what is wrong with making it possible for people who have been in this country to become citizens?

yes, we don't want criminals to come in but are they any worse than what we already have (in terms of their percentage in the population)? has anyone done any studies on this? show me the numbers. and i mean violent criminals, not petty stuff.

so, oh, yeah, they've broken the law by crossing a border illegally, was that a crime worthy of jail time, did it physically damage someone else other than their putting their own lives at risk? so, give 'em a fine, make sure they can document all the taxes they've paid and where they've worked in the past while they've been here, go back and get those illegal employers fined too while you're at it.

and then, let them work and pay taxes like the rest of us!

amen and please pass the ammunition, etc. etc.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
anytime something comes from any Fox news outlet it is usually very hyped and reactionary. not much comes from there that i care to read or watch. i don't follow the reactionary press because what it feeds on is racism, fear, and a lot of faked patriotism which is more likely to just be fears of the unknown.

what is wrong with making it possible for people who have been in this country to become citizens?

yes, we don't want criminals to come in but are they any worse than what we already have (in terms of their percentage in the population)? has anyone done any studies on this? show me the numbers. and i mean violent criminals, not petty stuff.

so, oh, yeah, they've broken the law by crossing a border illegally, was that a crime worthy of jail time, did it physically damage someone else other than their putting their own lives at risk? so, give 'em a fine, make sure they can document all the taxes they've paid and where they've worked in the past while they've been here, go back and get those illegal employers fined too while you're at it.

and then, let them work and pay taxes like the rest of us!

amen and please pass the ammunition, etc. etc.

You do realize there is a LEGAL way to become a US Citizen right? Why in the world would we want to automatically grant citizenship to anyone who crossed the boarder illegally? That's just crazy talk! And I haven't even hit the the low points of this "New Way Forward" bill.

in my mind there are two reasons why this bill was crafted and put forward.

1) The liberal Dem's in Washington DC, have fallen and bumped their heads

2) The Democratic Party can not survive without illegal aliens voting. Which by the way is also in the "New Way Forward" bill.

i have zero problems with immigrants wanting to become US Citizens. But they need to do it legally, as did my ansestors and your's also. Heck even our First Lady is an immigrant, she became a US Citizen legally. I do have problems with convicted criminal felons becoming US Citizens. Which is also in the "New Way Forward" bill.

Last I checked illegal, still means illegal.

Just for the record... I am a registered independent. I have voted democratic in the past. But I will not be voting democratic come November, it'll be straight ticket Republican for me. Unless the Democratic party moves to the center again and regains their common sense, I won't be voting democratic in the future either.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This act: makes it illegal to deport convicted felons. Not just your average OUI, or petty robber. This act makes it illegal to deport murderers, rapists, drug dealers, pedophiles, those who engage in sex trafficing... and the list goes on. This act will be retroactive, thus... using our tax payer dollars to transport convicted felons back into the country, because they were previously deported. Any terrorist + illegal immigrant who plays the minority, or LGBT card gets a free pass, free government handouts, support, while we are left paying the bill. I get it, our country was populated by immigrants who left their country of birth to forge a better life here. BUT, those immigrants of the past were hard working, they paid their own way, they were law abiding citizens. They came to build up our country, not to plunder it. There was a time when a sense of right and wrong protected the rights of the law abiding citizen. Our country continues down the path of protecting the criminal, while the victims are left high and dry.

Consider this from Carlson’s report:

A document produced by Democrats to promote the bill says: “Convictions … should not lead to deportation.”

Keep in mind, we’re not talking about convictions for double parking. The bill targets felony convictions – serious crimes that send you to prison for years. A press release from Rep., Jesus Garcia, D-Ill., is explicit about this.

Garcia brags that the bill will break the “prison to deportation pipeline.” How does the bill do that? Under current U.S. law, legal U.S. immigrants can be deported if they commit an “aggravated felony” or a “crime of moral turpitude” – that is, a vile, depraved act, like molesting a child. Under the New Way Forward Act, “crimes of moral turpitude” are eliminated entirely as a justification for deportation. And the category of “aggravated felony” gets circumscribed too.

Still unsure of the real intent of this bill?

“A Mexican drug cartel leader could be released from prison, then freely come to America immediately. And if he wants, he could come here illegally, and it wouldn’t be a crime – because, and you were waiting for this, the bill also decriminalizes illegal entry into America, even by those previously deported.”

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep and originated from my home state of ILLINOIS. Plain and simple, he's a nut job, toys in the attic, crazy!

I guess that's what a Democratic Utopia looks like... no thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts