The New Way Forward Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The proposal is stupid. People committing a misdemeanor to jump the immigration line shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Our immigration system is broke. It was broke back in the 80s when we covered it in 8th grade. Basically unless your coming from a rich English speaking country they have it skewed and weighted against you. Only a certain number are permitted each year. Get your name on a list and wait years to see of they will let you in.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The proposal is stupid. People committing a misdemeanor to jump the immigration line shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Our immigration system is broke. It was broke back in the 80s when we covered it in 8th grade. Basically unless your coming from a rich English speaking country they have it skewed and weighted against you. Only a certain number are permitted each year. Get your name on a list and wait years to see of they will let you in.

Why do you think such aweful legalisation was proposed in the first place?

Why do you think it was approved by many of the Democratic house of representatives?

Why do you think all this was kept "under the radar" persay and the only news outlet that has said anything about it has been Fox news. That is until Fox News broke the ice and said something about it.

Why all the secretcy?

I'm really interested in what you think and everyone else's answers to those questions.

Good reference ---> https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr5383

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's gone through a few times on the news aggregate website I read over the last month or so. I don't have any loyalty to any news site.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife and I both have closely watching the Democratic presidential candidates. Out of all of them we both like Amy klobucar the most. I really do hope she wins the Democratic nomination. She does seem genuine and down to earth but her policy ideas are still way to much to the left for either my wife or I to vote for her.

Eventhough I've already decided I'm voting straight ticket Republican come November. I really do hope she wins the Democratic nomination. Because both my wife and I feel that Amy Klobucar has the best chance of moving the Democratic party back to being more to a moderate party.

Currently, to me, the Democratic party has lost all common sense and morphed into a bunch of loons. I would really like to see the Democratic Party become moderate again. Then I might be able to vote for some of them in the future. But currently, there is now way I could vote for a single one of them.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Currently, to me, the Democratic party has lost all common sense and morphed into a bunch of loons.

Can't disagree there. But same to Repulicans. Or is it just Trump. IDK, I try not to worry about things outside my control. I am beyond displeased with the environmental deregulation and undercutting the national park system and national monuments, etc. That's scary - can't undo that stuff. :'(

I'm independent voter too, but Republican voters are what is driving me towards Democrats this election season. Comment is not directed at anyone on this forum, everyone here is well-informed and makes logical decisions based on their personal values. I mean the uninformed, reactionary, hate-full people. Racism making a comeback? that's scary.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can't disagree there. But same to Repulicans. Or is it just Trump. IDK, I try not to worry about things outside my control. I am beyond displeased with the environmental deregulation and undercutting the national park system and national monuments, etc. That's scary - can't undo that stuff. :'(

I'm independent voter too, but Republican voters are what is driving me towards Democrats this election season. Comment is not directed at anyone on this forum, everyone here is well-informed and makes logical decisions based on their personal values. I mean the uninformed, reactionary, hate-full people. Racism making a comeback? that's scary.

Lol - Dem are acting like a pack of hyenas on LSD. Everyday they are attacking something or another, I've never seen anything like it in all my life. I wished they would come to their senses and do what they were elected to do, but I think they are to far left now. So it's just resist, resist, resist.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang it - I tried to stay out of this conversation. I'm just going to say that you @Creal Critter talked about keeping political conversations respectful and you are not doing that. Saying you'd spit in a woman's hand, calling people hyenas on LSD - that's very disrespectful. Spewing hatred is not helping your cause.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang it - I tried to stay out of this conversation. I'm just going to say that you @Creal Critter talked about keeping political conversations respectful and you are not doing that. Saying you'd spit in a woman's hand, calling people hyenas on LSD - that's very disrespectful.

^^^your points are respectful taken^^^ but please go back and read what I wrote, I did say they "are acting like" not that they "are".

But you are free to interpret it however you like. I have my opinions and you have yours, I'm cool with that, hope you are also.

Status
Not open for further replies.