The OFFICIAL BARTER thread

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
You may think you have nothing to barter, but are you sure? I know for my family, bartering is the new currency.

My interest:
cooking
sewing
crocheting
soap making
goats
chickens
ducks
books

Tell what your interest are and we work from there.

Want something? Tell what it is, maybe we can find a match.

I want a soap making book.

Anything on my esty page is up for barter too. ;)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Heavenshalfacre

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have baby stuff, cloth diapers, HP 129 ink, Medium women's clothes, ducks, chickens, and geese, and would trade for SS books, incubator, seeds, etc.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I will have goat's milk soap ready in a couple of weeks.

In a month or so, I will have baby goats.

I have classes.....waddaya wanna learn? Boy, I wish there was someone nearby to teach in exchange for my spring barn and coop clean-out. My back won't be ready in time.

Strawberry plants (soon, they are under snow and ice now.)

Beads, mostly semi-precious and some seed beads. Mostly from when I just started beading and my taste has changed.

I have beaded jewelry, lots of dangley (couldn't make spellcheck happy on that one) earrings and I have lots of pearls to custom string on silk. I'm sure most of you wear pearls every day! :lol:

What do I want? Hmmm.....Someone sent me avocados from their tree last year, that was so wonderful! I'm open to unusual trades.

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll have black raspberry plants, rhubarb plants, chives, mint and blackberry canes in the spring, and would be willing to do coop clean outs, and that kind of thing, in the central vermont area, in exchange for organic veggies, fruits, plants, etc...

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Free, I wish you lived around here. I keep trying to find someone to teach me anything SS-especially canning and fermenting- instead of trying to figure it out all by myself and I have a whole crew of experienced workers available.

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Have Delica Japanese seed beads in MANY colors. Tell me the color # you desire and I'll see if I have it. What have you got to trade in the fabric, beads, craft area?
Need Welsummer rooster. Will have Buckeyes chicks and Midget White turkey poults later this spring. Located east central Ohio near PA line.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
HAVE:
Graphic design services and printing (logo, flyers, labels, business cards, etc...) See www.easystreetdesigns.com
Loom knitting (specializing in stuff like this )
Collage art
growthinfushionlr4qf.jpg

Photography
sanddunes18bp.jpg

Welsh Harlequin duck eggs
Various seeds
Grapes (fall)
Apples (fall)
Pears (fall)

WANT:
Raw honey
Maple syrup
Nuts

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohioann said:
Have Delica Japanese seed beads in MANY colors. Tell me the color # you desire and I'll see if I have it. What have you got to trade in the fabric, beads, craft area?
Need Welsummer rooster. Will have Buckeyes chicks and Midget White turkey poults later this spring. Located east central Ohio near PA line.
Hey, those Midget Whites sure tempt me.

I've got to get the separation of breeds going, but I've got chickens, ducks, and geese in many varieties (no Welsummer roos though). Mini Rex bunnies just born.

As for skills, my mom has been teaching me canning. We've been planning to get with QA on passing on some of those skills.

I've got some quilting fabric that may be game for a swap. I over bought and it will take me forever to use up some of it.

What do I need? -- full-time farm hand. :D

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wife- That collage is stunning!!