The OFFICIAL BARTER thread

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
to trade: i will have saanen kids in mid-may <3 they are not registered with anything but they will big and strong. the buck was huge!!! they will be 100% saanen.

what i'm looking for: nubian, oberhasli, and angora bucklings. i cant take any right now cause i still need to put up fence and all that but i'm looking. and oberhasli and nubian does/doelings.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love bartering!!

I would love to have a few hands on lessons in goat care (hoof trimming, milking, etc..). I have never been around a goat and am planning on getting 2 dairy goats this summer.
I will also be in the market for milking/grooming supplies.

I can offer my average sewing skills and would be willing to do chores in exchange!!

I'm in north central Ohio!
(30 miles north of Columbus, 30 miles south of Mansfield)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not really sure what I have to offer....chickens...ducks(KhakiCambels) raw fleece However, I am looking for a pair of Toulouse geese, or African geese. They have to be grey. :/ And I am looking for a handfull ( 5 or 6) of female Peking ducks.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
***yourbadd: i would love to show you goat stuff. i think it would be quite a ways for you though. i'm in harrison county. :hu

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:
***yourbadd: i would love to show you goat stuff. i think it would be quite a ways for you though. i'm in harrison county. :hu
It would be a bit of a drive and with gas prices as they are I wouldn't be able to afford the drive home!!!

I do appreciate the offer!! :D

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
about my goats... i can email pics of the does and buck if anyonw might be interested. and can send pics of kids when they come.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Let's try this again. It is a slower season and I am going thru the attic. I will be back with what I have................

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have a corona grain mill I want to trade for a meat grinder wirh a sausage attachment. I have had it for over 2 years and never used it. Being low carb, I don't have any grains to grind!!! :D i thought I might use it for the ducks, but they have done totally fine on whole grains so they don't need it either. I picked it up used, but it honestly looks new. Let me know if you want a picture.

I would also be willing to trade for an automatic ice cream maker. NOT the kind that needs ice and salt please.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would also consider trading for a sock loom or a set of drop spindles. (adjustable sock loom with metal pegs)

LittleRoosterCroft

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I like "bartering" - I barter with my eggs now...and sometimes my soap.

So, I have right now, soap (and can make specific scents, etc) - hemp oil and goat's milk glycerin or local goat's milk castille soap. I make soy palm candles and all kinds of aromatherapy things, as well as glass etching and wood burning, etc.

I will also be going through my craft supples (for which I have ALOT) and will post the list here.

I am looking for: wool and spinning supplies.