THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
When my garden beats you garden we will see who is laughing despite it being so funny not to laugh!

:lol:

MWHAHAHA

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
When my garden beats you garden we will see who is laughing despite it being so funny not to laugh!

MWHAHAHA
and now confusion.....poor James...that's the final stage of denial of getting your butt kicked little bro. You need help. I'm calling an intervention on your behalf.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
So, do you guys all live in the same region or zone? :pop My growing season is pretty short so I can't contend. *

However, I am in the process of building hugelkulturs, they should help me extend my growing season and cut waay back on irrigation once they are ready...so maybe next year. :)

*(Unless you are judging tree fruits and wild foraging of fungi and berries. My chanterelles are HUGE and my huckleberries and salal harvests are out of this worldl!!)

eta: forgot an "l" ;)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

This will be great fun :D

I'm on my second year ever of a garden and last year i did not kill 2 tomatoes and a basil. Definitely watching for now ;)

:pop

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
So, do you guys all live in the same region or zone? :pop My growing season is pretty short so I can't contend. *

However, I am in the process of building hugelkulturs, they should help me extend my growing season and cut waay back on irrigation once they are ready...so maybe next year. :)

*(Unless you are judging tree fruits and wild foraging of fungi and berries. My chanterelles are HUGE and my huckleberries and sala harvests are out of this worldl!!)
Not in the same zones. NE Ohio, SE Kentucky, and SW Tennessee....and these two think they can beat me :hu

Sounds like you have it going on though! :D We aren't counting wild forage I don't think...unless they get scared and change the rules on me.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:pop

I have a black thumb instead of a green one, so I hope to learn the winner's secrets!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
She will want us to change the rules so she will win! BBH were just goofing right now. BUT come summer blood will be spilled! Mwhahah!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
She will want us to change the rules so she will win! BBH were just goofing right now. BUT come summer blood will be spilled! Mwhahah!
Don't hurt yourself James. I already know you can't walk right in snow :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I totally have the gardening bug too. My neighbors think I'm nutz for building these strange raised bed things....when it is still snowing!

Dude, I'm "building up the soil", it takes time and I was a little busy this fall. ;) I think I missed the growing season cut off though. So lets do this next year, kay? When I can kick everyone's rear end! :lol:

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm up for a challenge! I have a tiny yard, but I can garden year round. I bet I have 100 lbs of oranges on one tree right now.

The Dervaes family grew over 7000 lbs. of produce on their 1/10th acre lot in 2010.

I'm hoping to get close to 1000 lbs.

All produce, fruits and veggies. Ready, set, go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts