THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
I'm up for a challenge! I have a tiny yard, but I can garden year round. I bet I have 100 lbs of oranges on one tree right now.

The Dervaes family grew over 7000 lbs. of produce on their 1/10th acre lot in 2010.

I'm hoping to get close to 1000 lbs.

All produce, fruits and veggies. Ready, set, go!

:lol:
I tried keeping a weight total last year. It got really hard though. I had some squash come in at 12 lbs each. It was crazy. Maybe this year I can keep better track.

Sounds like the Dervaes Family hit a new record. :clap
g

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
She will want us to change the rules so she will win! BBH were just goofing right now. BUT come summer blood will be spilled! Mwhahah!
Don't hurt yourself James. I already know you can't walk right in snow :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think I might be able to give tamlynn some competition on the yield per acre. Like tam, I have a tiny space, but I have apple trees, a pear tree and grape vines :D

The amount of new vines last year was incredible. This year those vines will produce fruit. 2 years ago I got over 50lbs of grapes from one vine. GO AUDREY! (my seedless grapevine is named Audrey. My smaller concord grape vine is named Seymore :D )

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I think I might be able to give tamlynn some competition on the yield per acre. Like tam, I have a tiny space, but I have apple trees, a pear tree and grape vines :D

The amount of new vines last year was incredible. This year those grapes will produce fruit. 2 years ago I got over 50lbs of grapes from one vine. GO AUDREY! (my seedless grapevine is named Audrey. My smaller concord grape vine is named Seymore :D )
:gig You name them?!?! That's hillarious WZ! :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Wifezilla said:

The amount of new vines last year was incredible. This year those grapes will produce fruit. 2 years ago I got over 50lbs of grapes from one vine. GO AUDREY! (my seedless grapevine is named Audrey. My smaller concord grape vine is named Seymore :D )
:gig You name them?!?! That's hillarious WZ! :lol:
I named my Dominique rooster "supper" then he made me mad and we had "supper" for supper.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I normally don't name plants, but this vine has a mind all her own :D
1002754cp0.jpg

Seymore is on the left. Audry is on the right. This picture is a couple of years old.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:ep Audrey looks bossy :lol: Thanks WZ NOW I want grape vines!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.