THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse, you can get them from a local nursery :D This year I might try to sow some tomato seeds in my cold frame.... I'm gonna bring up this question again:

Is there a color for a cold frame that encourages growth? If not, it will probably be gray/white, not sure :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
:woot I hear ya brother!!

My broccoli plants are dying :hit My beefsteak tomatoes still have not come up, and the Tabasco peppers haven't either. :hu The two MOST important crops...peppers and tomatoes...I am having trouble with :(
noooooo!!!!!!! in your indoor starters, or in the garden?
Indoors. all my stuff outside is lookin great! The started tomatoes and peppers INSIDE is not looking to hot. I have bell peppers, but not hot peppers and I have cherry tomatoes, but not my big beefsteak tomatoes. :(
Ugh, I want to help and start asking you a ton of questions. :duc :lol:

If I remember correctly, my Beefsteaks are always a little behind.

Over the years, I've classified cherry tomatoes as weeds..... Mine always end up sprouting EVERYWHERE! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
A mouse just run by my shoes................... :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I actually have kept back some seeds for just in case. I generally have better results direct sowing the tomatoes and hot peppers anyway. I am prepared!! though it does hurt my little feelings that those plants do not seem to want to come out and play *sniff sniff*

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I actually have kept back some seeds for just in case. I generally have better results direct sowing the tomatoes and hot peppers anyway. I am prepared!! though it does hurt my little feelings that those plants do not seem to want to come out and play *sniff sniff*
:yuckyuck

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm A Gardener :) said:
If worse comes to worse, you can get them from a local nursery :D This year I might try to sow some tomato seeds in my cold frame.... I'm gonna bring up this question again:

Is there a color for a cold frame that encourages growth? If not, it will probably be gray/white, not sure :)
Black will absorb heat, the warmer ground will encourage more vigorous growth.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Ugh, I want to help and start asking you a ton of questions. :duc
Then why don't you?

Afraid to help the competition? Are ya SCARED Jamie?!?!?!?!?! :p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Okay, Little Miss Sushine-smarty pants...

How moist is the soil in the containers?
Are they in in direct or indirect sunlight?
What did you put in as soil? Any extras? (chicken poo?)
Are they in any drafts?
Has DD been near them lately? :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm A Gardener :) said:

Once you have them going, I've heard (but never tried it) that red plastic film underneath increases yield. I just mulch with dried grass from the yard. :hu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts