THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Cousin came with hi tractor today and broke ground for my garden :woot I am so tickled! I will get pics tomorrow if I can find my dang camera batteries :p
didn't you say you last saw them on the shelf next to your sanity?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Cousin came with hi tractor today and broke ground for my garden :woot I am so tickled! I will get pics tomorrow if I can find my dang camera batteries :p
didn't you say you last saw them on the shelf next to your sanity?
Oh yeeeeeeeeah!! Now where's that shelf? Hmmmmm............

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
hopefully it's nowhere near the dog here....:sick I think she caught and ate a mouse yesterday, the back-draft is deadly..... :sick

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
hopefully it's nowhere near the dog here....:sick I think she caught and ate a mouse yesterday, the back-draft is deadly..... :sick
EWWWWWWW! :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
EWWWWWWW! :lol:
The eldest is sick to her stomach right now (just days before the big trip) and I thought she was hurl. My poor baby.....

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Started pulling up the tomato plants yesterday, because I need to the rework the soil of the box and get the snow peas planted with their stakes if I want the plants to survive. They got a good soaking in the day and half of rain we had gotten, but I'm afraid that the potting soil isn't going to support them much longer.

As I was emptying the kitchen scraps into the compost bin again, i noticed that, since we installed it a few months ago, we have managed to fill it up quite a bit. At this rate, I'll have to set up a second bin to put stuff in while that one composts.

Question: can crushed eggshells be used like oyster shell for tomatoes and so on? Just curious.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Started seeds today:

Tomatoes:
6 Hawaiian Pineapple
6 Cherokee Purple
6 Brandywine
16 Roma
2 Better Boy (thought I HAD more seed)

Peppers
18 Sweet Bell Mix
6 Banana

12 Cabbage

:th :barnie
I FORGOT THE TABASCO SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Started pulling up the tomato plants yesterday, because I need to the rework the soil of the box and get the snow peas planted with their stakes if I want the plants to survive. They got a good soaking in the day and half of rain we had gotten, but I'm afraid that the potting soil isn't going to support them much longer.

As I was emptying the kitchen scraps into the compost bin again, i noticed that, since we installed it a few months ago, we have managed to fill it up quite a bit. At this rate, I'll have to set up a second bin to put stuff in while that one composts.

Question: can crushed eggshells be used like oyster shell for tomatoes and so on? Just curious.
Crush 'em up for calcium, should work....

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone use a cold-frame? I made a very nice one, and was wondering...
Do you start the seeds inside if it is too cold outside and then once a little bigger out in the cold frame? Could I start them in a cold frame during the summer? Thanks!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'm A Gardener :) said:
Does anyone use a cold-frame? I made a very nice one, and was wondering...
Do you start the seeds inside if it is too cold outside and then once a little bigger out in the cold frame? Could I start them in a cold frame during the summer? Thanks!
Im using about 3 cold frames right now for cold weather crops (lettuce, cabbage, brocolli, and carrots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts