THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
The storms Wednesday's night did a major number on the plants I planted in the garden last weekend. I don't think they are going to survive between the beat down they took and the swamp garden. I may have to concede from the challenge. :p
AW Jamie...that stinks brother :( I'm still holdin out hope for you!!!! :hugs Hope the plants DO survive and THRIVE! :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
The storms Wednesday's night did a major number on the plants I planted in the garden last weekend. I don't think they are going to survive between the beat down they took and the swamp garden. I may have to concede from the challenge. :p
AW Jamie...that stinks brother :( I'm still holdin out hope for you!!!! :hugs Hope the plants DO survive and THRIVE! :)
Just took a walk around in muck outside.
Something else is munching on the cabbage etc. The chix haven't been loose in 3 days and something did munch down number on the ones that were in decent shape.

For some reason, the sunflower seeds I had planted are now on TOP of the ground. Floated right out of the ground. The cranberry bushes are covered in tiny catepillars.
:he I'm ready to chuck it all right now.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Just took a walk around in muck outside.
Something else is munching on the cabbage etc. The chix haven't been loose in 3 days and something did munch down number on the ones that were in decent shape.

For some reason, the sunflower seeds I had planted are now on TOP of the ground. Floated right out of the ground. The cranberry bushes are covered in tiny catepillars.
:he I'm ready to chuck it all right now.
:th :th :th :th :th :th :th :th

what the crud? So sorry :( What do you still have in containers? Tomatoes and peppers?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Less than half my original tomatoes are left (no idea on variety) and yes the peppers, but they basically have not shown any improvement in a week.

I need a vacation.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Less than half my original tomatoes are left (no idea on variety) and yes the peppers, but they basically have not shown any improvement in a week.

I need a vacation.
The Tabascos? Ours seem slow as well, and you know the rest of my garden has been good so far :hu I dunno why they have stopped growing, but they are at a standstill for the last week or so. :/ Hopefully they'll pick up, as will yours.

Did you repot the tomatoes?

S

sunsaver

So sorry for you FJ, thunderstorms often beat down my seedlings, which forces me to replant. I lost all my beets this year, so i can sympathize. Hope still get something going. Good luck! :)

raiquee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm sorry Jamie :( :hugs That really sucks. My mater seedlings look like garbage too. I wasted $$ in seed and lights and...ugh! And I may still have to buy stupid starts to get toms this year. So disappointing.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:

I need a vacation.
The Tabascos? Ours seem slow as well, and you know the rest of my garden has been good so far :hu I dunno why they have stopped growing, but they are at a standstill for the last week or so. :/ Hopefully they'll pick up, as will yours.

Did you repot the tomatoes?
The tabasco's are starting to wither. The stevia died.

It's supposed to be sunny and warm (yeah!) all next week. I may break down and go purchase plants.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:hugs

Sorry to hear that your garden is struggling FJ.

Gardens have a way of being unpredictable, I know that by July/Aug you will be harvesting all sorts of wonderful things.....hang in there!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:/ uh, I need help. :p I just got home and brought with me 36 plants of assorted pepper varieties. They were in good shape and a decent price. I can't just "stop and look". I still need to go to another greenhouse where they have my Thai chili peppers (I have folks from work who want some, so I MUST go there this weekend). Tomatoes? replacement cabbage. They are calling to me :th

Status
Not open for further replies.