The Pagan Circle

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
To find an ordained witch, you might try www.cog.org and see if they have someone in your area.

My butterfly/bee garden is magical. There is an awful lot of it.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Neat ideas on the ceremonies. I want to be married outdoors, I know that much, I don't really belong in a church. What will happen is still rather up in the air (he's got to ask first! :lol: ) but with so much of my family down in NC it will be interesting to try to figure out how to get everyone involved.

As far as gardens go, I would love to have a labyrinth some day. While maybe not pagan, it holds a lot of meaning for me, and is quite fascinating as part of a journey. I know of a place down in NC that even has one that can be ridden with horses.

Saw the fox last night, and got to see a heron in a tree a few days ago, and another one along the river. They seem to be my totems as of late, and I am content with that.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My last wedding was 3 phase. Handfasting only, 2nd handfasting a year later, fancier. With many friends,
Followed by a Christian wedding in hubby's grandmothers living room 2 days later, totally informal, I was
Barefoot. Lasted 13 years. If 3 didn't take I don't think I'm cut out for marriage.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I don't have the room for it here, but I want to have a separate enclosed "magical garden" . I want is to be fenced or walled to keep animals and little kids out since some magical plants are toxic to them.

About legal handfastings- It can be a legal ceremony, as long as you:
get the marriage license first
have it signed by the correct amount of witnesses, and a person who is legal to perform weddings in that area
turn in the marriage license to the county afterwards to enter in the records of the area where the wedding was performed. Some places let you turn it in to the county you live in instead- if you get married away from your home area.

Some places have to have a clergy (of any religion) fill out a paper in that town/county that they will be performing weddings.
Many counties have officials that are authorized to perform weddings. You can ask if anyone there is willing to do an alternative wedding ceremony.

Some places allow a notary public and witnesses to sign the marriage license to make it legal. (My first wedding was done by a priestess that was also a notary. ) We just had to turn the license in later, to have it on record with the county. We got married at a campground and camped for our wedding night. Nobody ever accused me of being normal.

This time- I wrote the ceremony. One of my best friends is a pagan clergy and did the ceremony with us, and we had the wedding in hubbies parents back yard. :)

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hope everyone had a blessed equinox, weather was yucky here so i made a small offering under cover for the coming bounty....

doc

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I spent the equinox getting and playing in dirt, as my bean seedlings doubled in size overnight! In hindsight, it was a very appropriate way to spend Oestara :) as I also put in a strawberry and two tomato plants. It was a beautiful day to do that here in Tuckessee, too (sorry to hear your weather didn't cooperate).

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
We've had strange weather all week, VERY foggy mornings, followed by a very slow burn off, sometimes it will still be hazy and gray at noon, and then some sun in the afternoons. It has been up to the low 70's most days, and a bit on the humid side. I can't wait for the sun to return in the mornings! I am tired of the gray!

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I spent the equinox chasing frogs, snakes, bees, especially bees. And I got some. rescued from a house soffit. Happy spring!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Doc - We got rained out too. I had wanted to go up on the mountain so bad, but I would have slid right back down it. :(

Gypsi- Congrats on the bees!