The Pagan Circle

LittleRoosterCroft

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hqueen, the weather sure has been weird hasn't it? I live a bit inland from the beach in Delaware but the fog in the morning most of last week has been crazy...the weekend before we were at the beach fishing and the fog never lifted the whole day!

And then yesterday, I was working in the garden all day and thinking how nice it was out but how odd to be having freeze warnings last night and I had to take my jacket back out of the closet!

Anyway, I celebrated Ostara this weekend using eggs from my girls...blew them out so folks could keep and decorate them....nearly passed out with the goose egg though! LOL

My Ostara time has started off the typical balance of life and death. I had one of my bunnies die but I have 3 new ones I added to the rabbitry yesterday and the doe should be pregnant so hopefully new life will be coming soon. My turkeys are setting their eggs and I have duck and goose eggs in the incubator. My herbs are going great in the garden and my onions are starting to sprout. So, with the sad and the bit of cold and oddness comes the joy of new beginnings too!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yup, LittleRoosterCroft, we had cold today, too, it was 31 when I got into the truck to head to work this morning! Crazy after almost 80 last week. My only prayer is that it kills bugs, but not the plants :p
I am really enjoying this spring, the early spring is a treat for me, and helps make me feel so much better!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
hope everyone had a blessed equinox, weather was yucky here so i made a small offering under cover for the coming bounty....

doc
Yep, the rain was a bummer, darlin', but come "official" summer we'll be wishing we were getting some. ;)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
LOL, I hear that Dawn. I am worried that we're gonna have a hot dry summer. And I always worry about the thunder storms, we can get some real doozies here, and I don't like that at all!

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Merry Meet:hugs and did anyone see the meteor shower tonight it was to cloudy here :(

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm at work, but i stepped outside a little while ago and caught a couple. wish I was at the house sitting out by the fire pit.

doc

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy Earth Day, to you too, dl! :hugs

No fire pit last night or tonight...been too darn windy here. Not running, getting blown about the yard... :weee :gig

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I went to hang out with some SCA friends today and thought the wind was gonna knock over. Finally found a sunny spot against a tree and we sat there.
One of them was teaching me the basics of embroidery. It went okay, so far.