The REAL FOOD recipe thread

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I ended up using steamed cauliflower, chopping it into small chunks and throwing it into the coconut, chili lime sauce at the very end with the shrimp. Oh my was it good!!

Coconut chili lime sauce:

1 can coconut milk
couple of hunks of coconut oil
tablespoon chili sauce (it was sweet but spread out, so not too many carbs)
juice from one lime
ETA: sliced garlic

1/2 head steamed chopped cauliflower (don't have a ricer)
12-15 frozen shrimp

Sauteed shrimp in coconut oil while I made the sauce from the rest of the ingredients except the steamed cauliflower. Tossed the shrimp with its oil and the chopped cauliflower in at the last few minutes of cooking the sauce.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I saved some turkey breast from catfood making for sandwiches for us. Last night I opened a pint jar of chicken broth and simmered it to reduce it by half, adding a few fermented scallions (I usually freeze them but the freezer is very full and we have that second "fermenting" fridge now...), some garlic, salt and pepper. Then I thickened it with a little cornstarch dissolved in cold water, and added some cubed turkey breast. Served it over sprouted grain bread with sides of baked acorn squash and lots of brocolli.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:barnie

I haven't eaten yet! You people are torturing me!!!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cabbage salad
I called this slaw & DH wouldn't eat it, so I added the fermented mustard & sesame oil, called it cabbage salad and he ate every bite, lol. What was it Dace said about calling yocheese "flavored cream cheese"? "Kids are dumb, lol" Yeah, DHs too :p

1/4 head purple cabbage, sliced in thin, saurcraut wedges, then chopped roughly
1/4 lb of baby carrots, chopped in food processor
1 tablespoon yogurt
2 tablespoons spicy brown fermented mustard
drizzle of sesame oil
Salt pepper to taste

Sunflower seeds would have been perfect in it, but I didn't have any.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:gig

Sometimes it is all in the presentation!

Your cabbage salad sounds yummy...I do not have any fermented mustard but I do have some fermented ginger carrots that I can't quick choke down....maybe that would be a good addition to the salad. May need to pick up some cabbage. I have a hunk o' pork sitting in the freezer, maybe I should thaw that out and have BBQ pork and slaw...er, cabbage salad I mean.