THE SQUIRREL CHALLENGE: Want to join?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
PamsPride.....I hate to break this to ya, but......SKR8PN (scrapin') is a guy. :D :D :D :D

Those canning lids have been acquired over the past 12 months believe it or not. And there is 6 more boxes of lids and 2 more boxes of lids/rings we just bought today. The Wife and I buy them whenever we are in the store and they have them in stock.

Just so you guys have something to shoot for.....71 boxes of just lids and 12 boxes of lids/rings. All wide mouth. :th

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN, set up a lean to, my family's moving in! :gig

I'm up for the challenge! I'm not even going to try to catch up with Mr. Squirrel here, but for now, I'll say my first goal is to build my raised beds. ;)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:

I'm up for the challenge! I'm not even going to try to catch up with Mr. Squirrel here, but for now, I'll say my first goal is to build my raised beds. ;)
Quail, don't forget to bring the chicks!! We're gonna need SOMETHING to cook on my smoker! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Quail_Antwerp said:

Quail, don't forget to bring the chicks!! We're gonna need SOMETHING to cook on my smoker! :lol:
*snicker* Chicks, nothing! I'll bring the whole flock!!

Veal anyone????

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You can count me in on this one. I was planning on making wasted understair space into a pantry anyway. SKR8PN blew all my hopes of winning this out of the water but theres still 2nd place.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
You KNOW I'm in!!! I'll be doing mostly small batches to start. I need to get back in the swing of things! ;)
I've got 5 jelly jars of pear apple ginger marmalade processing. Plans for more types tomorrow. Bosc pears were on sale so I bought about 4 lbs of them. Grabbed some apples too.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Just so none of you guys feels bad, The Wife and I have been saving stuff, and getting ourselves setup for a couple of years now. ;) When gasoline hit over 2.00 bucks a gallon(the first time!) we sold off the Jet Ski's,paid off some bills, and started in earnest setting this up. She had one heckova time talking me into that second freezer, but now, I don't know what we would do without it!! :lol: We just put those newer wide shelves in(the ones over the freezer) two months ago. Before that,I was ASHAMED of the cobbled up mess of shelving that WAS in there. We got those shelves from a local Pier1 that closed up and sold out to the bare walls. I bought a section of shelves 12ft wide, 9ft tall that came with 38 beautiful 2ft X 4ft solid pine shelves, for 75 bucks!! Some of the leftover shelving is going to be used to build my chicken tractor here in a few weeks. :D :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW SKR. You and the wife have a great head start on us for sure! We have our flock of chickens...and turkeys...getting Ducks soon, and...we are getting SHEEP! Woohoo! We put in our second garden...and we are planting peach trees this year...to go with the apples, cherries, grapes, blackberries, elderberries, mulberries, Raspberries, and Persimmons. We have our own small pond...Now I just need to get more canning supplies. I have about 50 cases of jars, and 3 canners, one pressure cooker, but I need lids and bands!! LOTS and LOTS of lids and bands! OK, Im in on the challenge...I think!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
PamsPride.....I hate to break this to ya, but......SKR8PN (scrapin') is a guy. :D :D :D :D

Those canning lids have been acquired over the past 12 months believe it or not. And there is 6 more boxes of lids and 2 more boxes of lids/rings we just bought today. The Wife and I buy them whenever we are in the store and they have them in stock.

Just so you guys have something to shoot for.....71 boxes of just lids and 12 boxes of lids/rings. All wide mouth. :th
Sorry SK! I fixed it!!
Is it just you and the wife at home or do you have kids at home? It seems that my eating machines eat the food faster than I can stock it up!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
dddct said:
Pam you make your own laundry soap? Is it easy to do? I think I'd like to try that
DD, do a little search on here and you will discover your laundry soap recipes....along with a few others! ;)

Well, as for me....I'll rise to that challenge! I may never get as many things stocked up as SK here, but the canning, drying, stored crops, as well as flocks being built up will definitely be in place. I don't have much money to work with on buying things...but growing things and preserving things? I'm on it! I'm with JUST~adding to my animals this year to plan for meat production next year.

Great pics, BTW!!! Very inspiring!!! :bow

Latest posts