The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
finally started working on our BOB's. three stages: a tiny personal one that fits in an Altoids tin but still has everything you would need to get food and water and survive for a short period of time. Then our backpacks, with more stuff including dry clothing etc. and finally the one for the car that has things like a tent and sleeping bags.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm glad this helped info helped. Thank you Mark for the thread. I am a solo prepper and gloomer on an island with a lot of people sleeping. Things don't change over night but it's always better to be prepared for it. The army taught situational awareness and I am really good at it. I have been a survivor all my life. Growing up poor and in the system I broke my chains many many yrs ago. I do not want to see my country fall into chaos but I do see a lot of domestic enemies running around openly. The globalists are working hard and I do believe if we do not vote them all out in 2012 the end game is here for sure.

Keep your powder dry S.O.L. :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one grab and go back pack mainly for earthquake preparedness. That's the only reason I would want to leave my home. It has all the major things and a few minor. The things I lack are clothes and shoes for all. That would mean 1 more pack and I am not sure if it would fit our exit plan. I guess I should pack it just in case.

I was reading over GB's list. Can someone explain the pre 79 vehicle? My dh grumbled something about fuel economy but I am thinking simple is better. No computer to be effected by an EMP???

His list seemed to be geared to the average Joe. I don't think anyone here is Joe.

g

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I have one grab and go back pack mainly for earthquake preparedness. That's the only reason I would want to leave my home. It has all the major things and a few minor. The things I lack are clothes and shoes for all. That would mean 1 more pack and I am not sure if it would fit our exit plan. I guess I should pack it just in case.

I was reading over GB's list. Can someone explain the pre 79 vehicle? My dh grumbled something about fuel economy but I am thinking simple is better. No computer to be effected by an EMP???

His list seemed to be geared to the average Joe. I don't think anyone here is Joe.

g
I thought the same about the list.
I think Glenn knows the true preppers andself sufficient people are way ahead of the curve. I think he is trying to wake more people up and get them started in the right direction. I believe people that start now are way behind the eight ball unless they can dump a good chunk of money at therew debt and preps. I might be wrong but my gut and research are saying other why's. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/china-order-us...061509140.html

BEIJING (AP) China has made one of its biggest-ever purchases of corn on overseas markets, buying 900,000 metric tons of American corn and showing that growing Chinese demand will play an ever larger role in global grain prices.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture said Thursday that China had made the purchase, which comes despite an expected record grain harvest in China this year.

Hanver Li, chairman of the market research firm Shanghai JC Intelligence Co. Ltd., said Friday that the purchase was necessary to replenish China's dwindling corn reserves.

He forecast that China will import between 7 and 10 million metric tons of corn over the next 12 months.

He said China's rising imports will have a big impact on global corn prices in the long run.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Buy our corn even though the drought reduced yields, then sell it back to us for a huge profit.

Here is the link for the altoids kit. It's very very basic, but it's small enough to fit in your pocket all the time- you just don't know what might happen, y'know? The only thing it lacks is one of those emergency blankets- but you could buy one of those and stick it in your other pocket or something.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...more-life-saving-diy-?photo=0#node-1000014438

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like China's trying to control the commodities market. My Aunts in rural Mo and she told me months ago her corn and grain cost have doubled.

The link didn't work. Bummer, some yahoo probably scrubbed it already.

:tongue

Oh, I went for peanut butter today. My local big box store just happened to discontinue their brand and are coming out with a new , label unknown.

g

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Buy our corn even though the drought reduced yields, then sell it back to us for a huge profit.

Here is the link for the altoids kit. It's very very basic, but it's small enough to fit in your pocket all the time- you just don't know what might happen, y'know? The only thing it lacks is one of those emergency blankets- but you could buy one of those and stick it in your other pocket or something.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...more-life-saving-diy-?photo=0#node-1000014438
Thanks for posting! I got a new Carhart coat that i will be wearing wherever I am so Ive wanted that to do........THANKS!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
On the BOBs.....in the event of an "event" I wouldnt want to leave my home. I couldnt leave all of my animals here defenseless, not to mention the sentimental aspect and just being attached to it...........

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The only reason we would leave would be in the event of wildfire, or volcano eruption (we are not very far away from a non-extinct volcano). The volcano eruption may not be a really big risk, but the wildfire is. Every year we have fires started by lightning strikes in these mountains.