The_whingnut's road to ........................

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bear helped

Attachments

• rps20160207_145231.jpg
    rps20160207_145231.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 357

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm going to be making a proper composting area this year-I hope. I've been wanting to do it for awhile, just never have the time.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well plans are still on hold as i am on my third ship in a row. we are looking at a property south of Nashville for my upcoming retirement. i wish i had more to add to the site but living in town near the beach is cramping my plans.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so the happening over the last few years. we got the composting worms going in 2016, a dog poop reactor installed and did a lot of repairs to the house in 2016 and again in 2019. Bear past away in Aug 2017 a month after my Granna (those 2 where peas in a pod). to stay in a stable area and pay off debt i had to do another sea tour (thankfully this time is staff) Kyla has been working as an accountant in a good job the last 3 years and is doing well plus she is ready for me to retire and start building our homestead. the worms died in april of 2019 (added flowers from florist to them). i can't do anything with a real garden due to the heavy shade in the back fenced yard and city rules for the front. we have decided to sell our house after my next deployment (currently deployed now) and move into an rv to live on base to build up some capital prior to my retirement in Dec 2022. i have read so many permaculture design books and absorbed so much data that my note book is overflowing with ideas. i will not be able to finish planning the homestead out until we have the property picked but i am familiar with the area, zone and native environment. so kinda still stalled. but not done by a long shot.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh also none of my hops lived. just not enough sun in the back where i could put them. we had to remove most of our black berries from the yard due to taking over the flower beds. but i kept some in the back yard for when we go back home. we did get a fig tree from the City and its living its best life in the front yard. and the city shot down my chickens (figuratively) since my porch is considered a structure and put the only place i could have a coop within 25ft against city ordinance. i really dislike living in a city. hell if my neighbors complain about anything thats not flat grass i have to deal with the city. rain barrels not ok unless it gets approved, fix my driveway only so much of the property can be paved. try to install a drainage (blocks so grass can grow thru) driveway for better drainage. too much run off. and now they are trying to charge us for storm drain usage. sorry just p*ssed. rant over