The_whingnut's road to ........................

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well we have found that the electric company is billing us as commercial. Trying to get that fixed now.

we got our elderberry trees and peach tree transplanted into larger pots.

And found several muscadine vines around the property.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The power companies really do not take the time to do things right from the start... billing as commercial was totally wrong... and they will give you a bs runaround to get it changed... AND you are due a credit for the screwup....keep after them until you get it straight....but such a waste of your time to have to "redo" something that should never have been done in the beginning.

That's great about being on the property and finding treasures like the grapes....

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The power companies really do not take the time to do things right from the start... billing as commercial was totally wrong... and they will give you a bs runaround to get it changed... AND you are due a credit for the screwup....keep after them until you get it straight....but such a waste of your time to have to "redo" something that should never have been done in the beginning.

That's great about being on the property and finding treasures like the grapes....
Yeah we did a rv pole at the road and ran it under ground to my site since it's a 200amp pole at the road they assumed it was commercial. I have to prove I have septic and water to get it reclassed. Which I did Friday. I will not get a refund on the 34 a month commercial fee but will be getting half my deposit back. Since there was nothing on the site when the pole went in the service and engineering folks marked it commercial as is the policy of our electric company. We will see.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When you requested the service did you specify that it was going to be a residence with a "shop" for working on your own equipment or something that would have justified the 200 amp service? Anything that you can use for an "argument" to get back some of the "commercial fee" charge? I would rant and rave a bit to see if they can be pushed into making some sort of concession to returning some of that overpayment....

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When you requested the service did you specify that it was going to be a residence with a "shop" for working on your own equipment or something that would have justified the 200 amp service? Anything that you can use for an "argument" to get back some of the "commercial fee" charge? I would rant and rave a bit to see if they can be pushed into making some sort of concession to returning some of that overpayment....

really it never hurts to ask and if said no then try again by speaking to a supervisor.

just by asking i've gotten a few thousand $ worth over the years for various things. most recently was a massive screw up by me not looking at how many minutes Mom was using on the calling plan she had. i got the bill and it was almost $200. yes, she did use the time, there was no reason for her to be refunded but i still called to ask them what was up and then asked if some it could be credited back. got half of it back. then we changed her over to an unlimited plan - which is what we should have been on some time ago.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just got the electric company issue sorted with all extra commercial payments credited to the account. Easy fix just called the engineers and submitted the septic and explained I needed the 200amp to run my residence and well pump.