Things I would get up at 3am to shop for

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. If someone offered a year long trip around the world to all the places I wanted to go and to do all the things I wanted to do and it was on sale for less than $5,000 (I'll be fair and not insist on $1)

2. If someone was having a Black Friday farm sale and they were practically giving away a) water buffalo, b) regular buffalo, c) certain cattle breeds, d) certain goats, e) almost any sheep, f) almost any pigs, g) fencing wire, or h) hog/stock panels.

3. If the feed store did Black Friday Door Buster sales. Half price feed sounds great. Now only if the local feed store carried the organic feed.

4. If a store existed that only sold 1960-1975 Chevy sidestep trucks in near fine to great condition and they had a green, blue, or yellow one on clearance. If it had the wood bed I'd get up at 2am!

5. If bookstores had Black Friday bag sales where you paid $5 and that covered every book you could fit in a bag (I have a GIANT Ikea bag, like big enough to put myself in).

6. If a store offered the KitchenAid Professional or Artisan series mixers, with all the attachments (well, vintage attachments since they were made of metal instead of plastic) for less than $200.

7. If a store, especially the same one that was selling the mixers, had the whole line of Le Creuset enameled cast iron on sale for less than $100 a piece.

Until any of those sales happen, or I have 6 children to buy Christmas gifts for, I will NOT be doing any Black Friday shopping. Just can't take it.

What would you get up to shop for?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Good post, so true :lol:

For me it would be:

maybe an unfairly-insanely-low price on a good quality snowblower, like maybe $300 for something that normally sells for $900 on sale (we are getting more and more deeply middle-aged and achey every year :p)

a chance to win a free tractor :p

cedar fenceposts, 80% off!

equally deep sale on basic 2x lumber

a pair of duck boots that actually fit my feet comfortably, for any price actually but since we're dreaming let's pretend it's buy-one-get-one

good pressure canner, 80% off.

one or two recently-lambed dairy-type sheep, tested and with health papers, ready to milk, for any sensible price. (Although my husband would kill me and have to see if there were any Black Friday sales on coffins, LOL)

a month's vacation on the beach in Fiji, all expenses paid and totally-free, to the first X people through the door! (Boy do I hate winter)

chance to win a new roof for the house including tear-off and decking repairs

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

:p

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for me, honestly, there is nothing I would want to shop at 3 am for at all. I figure if the deals I wanted were THAT good, I would have to be in line about 3 months before to beat the million people wanting my deals...lol

there is truly nothing I need, I really do create the life I want right now and seem to be very happy with it :lol:

It is funny but I am racking my brain to come up with a great list, but it just eludes me.....huh

One wish I would like but couldn't happen like having my horse back, Peepers that passed from colic. Of course, people back that passed like my Nanny......Things like that, but material stuff--just --I don't know :/

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
1. seeds
2. chickens
3. rabbits
4. house plants
5. fabric
6. yarn
7. bird feeders/baths
8. truckloads of topsoil
9. scrapbooking startup supplies
10. backyard barn

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Fabric on sale for $1.29 a yard that is normally $5.99 a yard!

I will have to say that this was the best year ever for shopping! With all of the stores staggering their opening times and I did not go to any of the BIG BOX stores it was just a regular extra busy shopping day this morning. At 6AM traffic was not bad at all. I did hear from others that the Target registers had a line that you could not find the end to in the store and that the line to get into Toys R Us before they opened was 6 plaza stores in length!!!

My mom and I have a system for J's. We get a buggy as soon as we can and then as soon as the cutting line starts forming one of us stands with the buggy while the other one shops until it is our turn to get our fabric cut. Generally in and out within 45 minutes! I can spend that much time in J's on a normal empty day! LOL!

But if milk cows went like half off I will be the crazy lady pushing people down to get one!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
Wannabefree said:
KitchenAide stand Mixer for $150. :D
when you find that sale, i'll take two!
WalMart has them ;) I think you can still get them online :)

ETA: They have the 4.5 quart with, wire whisk, dough hook, spatula, and another attachment...don't remember though. I'm thinking about going to get one. They are out of stock online, but had a pile left at the store a few hours ago. Maybe they'll still have some left. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS THOUGH...UGH. I know that's a deal, but....that's a chunk of change :/