thinking of buying a dehydrator

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks guys!....so..is there anything that is unsafe to dehydrate in it?....from what i am gathering..it seems like i can do alot with it! thanks again! :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
As long as you follow instructions for things like meat (my booklet says higher temps) and storage, checking closely for mold in case you misjudged the moisture content, you should be just fine! Use your eyes and nose before eating....

I dried some roma tomatoes for the first time and they were great in my stir-fry on Thursday! I couldn't believe how good they tasted, and how much they added...I'll be drying some every year, and doing more experimenting. So many things that you preserve yourself have so much more flavor than you can buy, even at stores like Whole Foods.

It is SO worth the extra effort! :drool

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just a reminder (didn't read the other posts so someone may have mentioned this) but many of the ovens made these days have a bread raising and/or dehydrating setting. This actually works out much better for me.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Just a reminder (didn't read the other posts so someone may have mentioned this) but many of the ovens made these days have a bread raising and/or dehydrating setting. This actually works out much better for me.
Really? Cool! I will definitely look for this feature next time I need to replace my stove!

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
going to TRY to find my stove manual.....lol....thanks!..that would be awesome if i had that on my stove....:)