Thinking of moving- looking at southwest US-need input.

NurseNettie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Cold is relative. I don't mind it so much, I wish there was less of it. We have so very many months that we can't do anything, and so few months that we can garden and grow things. The winter weather extremes make even the smallest of "season extending measures" minimal. Once we get a heavy snow, it's all over. Hoop gardening, row covers- all of it is finished when we get our first snow-- which can be in October- and can be substantial. Granted, it will go away after a few days, but a foot of snow on the ground in October, on top of any plant covers puts and end to them. Hoops blow over, etc..

I do appreciate being north, away from a lot of the "action" in the political world... there is something to be said for that, no doubt.

Definitely exploring all options, keeping in mind, the grass is green no matter where you look :)

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know i said " the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence " earlier in this thread.However,NurseNettie, i think you'd be hard pressed to find much green grass in the southwes these days...! Major droughts have been ongoing for a long while now.Many crops have failed due to the extreme heat and drought in the southwest..!