This is about an "anti-frugal" as you can get!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh wow SKR

that is so unappealing. they deep fried twinkies at a carnival I went to and YUCK....but people were buying them.....ewww.....

the "garbage plate" was nasty looking. All that grease in a styrofam box....:sick

you are right.....that is your personal heart attack waiting to happen.

good thing we have gardens! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I'm know this is an unpopular sentiment here but I think my body can deal ok with the *occasional* greasefest. I still remember very nostalgically this place we used to go to back in grad school (admittedly my gallbladder was a little younger then :p) in Durham NC called the Top Hat, where their burger with everything on it had REALLY everything on it, including an avalanche of heated-up bottled blue cheese salad dressing. Oh man, that was tasty :)

I just think it really varies among people. If something makes you feel ucky after you eat it, or just doesn't appeal to you, then obviously don't eat it... but honestly I do not see any good reason to believe that the *occasional* bacon-and-sausage binge, or whatever, is likely to materially shorten my lifespan.

Pat, noticing that the items on the website were *meant* to sound gross and excessive for humorous effect, and kind of amused by some of them, like the Carny Casserole ;)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
No way are you convincing me that a Deep Fried Peanut Butter-Covered Brownie Wrapped In Cookie Dough is bad for me!!! :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
How could I resist? Ya'll knew I would have to :old

;)

Ooo, sorry Patandchickens, but research says no. One greasy meal does major damage. Even if you eat healthy most of the time. A study published in the Aug/Sep issue of Angiology showed this to be sadly but solidly true (it's an international cardiology journal.) I was stunned when I read it. I, too, thought an occasional indulgence wasn't so bad.

That being said, I will still indulge occasionally.....I admit it! but certainly not in the amounts in those pictures (I also admit some of them actually looked good to me, tasty, that is) and not even in the amounts in the study.

Deep-fry it and I'll eat it.....dip it in chocolate and WATCH OUT!

Some people actually eat like that all the time. How they are even up and walking is beyond me. Not for long. :/

greenrootsmama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
freemotion: I would be very interested in reading that article. Is there an online version that you know of?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I too would be interested in a pointer to the article (or a summary thereof)? Not because I disbelieve you at all about it -- I would be un-shocked if even a single fatty meal did have significant effects on the body -- just because I'd like to know exactly what it DOES say.

I remain skeptical that a few Top Hat burgers have shortened my lifetime significantly, though; if empirical evidence should turn up that this is true, I might reevaluate how often I eat a really greasy meal (not very often anyhow) but honestly unless the effect is HUGE I would probably just rephrase things to say that I don't *care* if it, statistically, shaves a few days or weeks of my probabilistic lifespan :p

Gotta have SOME fun in life occasionally <g> (but thank you for the heads-up!),

Pat

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
If I knew I was gonna life this long, I'da took better care of myself!!:lol::lol:
I could actually hear my arteries clogging when I was reading those recipes!!:lol::lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Fat doesn't make you fat...well...unless it is rancid, overheated or hydrogenated. The flour and sugar is what does the damage.

Latest posts