This is the Time of Year to Stock Up on Candles!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Try and catch the after Christmas sales.

I got a lot of candles for 50% off! :celebrate

I also got walnuts, chestnuts, and sun dried figs from the grocery store 75% off today!

What are some other things we can get good deals on this time of year?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
OMG! I forgot about candle collecting.

Where should I go??? I'm OUT of candles. I know even Kroger had them cheap before Christmas...

Dangit. LOL.

I'll have to leave the house Thursday.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I DO have a pretty good stock of candles (two cabinets full, LOL) but ... I dunno. Will probably have to pass this year anyway.

Would like to find oil and lamps cheap enough instead. :)

They say clothing is super-cheap now. I don't look. I used to buy Christmas decorations and holiday-related stuff after Christmas.

I *wish* they'd put turkeys on sale. Not going to happen. Probably only candy on sale, LOL.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes, still lots of things on the shelves marked down 50% at Walmart last night. Get unscented if you can. When, years back, our electricity was out for 2 weeks, all I had was scented candles :sick I learned my lesson!!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I only buy unscented candles. The stick candles are unscented but most of the pillar style are scented. Tea candles are also unscented. I have some candle sticks that have glass covers and that helps the stick candles from burning too fast. You can also trim the wicks.

BlueMountain

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I snagged a case at Wally World after Christmas.They were something like 4 for a dollar and are the 12" tapers. My Mom always stored hers in the freezer. She said it helped them burn slower and drip less. I have too many for that though.