This Journal Section

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think I am going to skip on my Journal and spend my time desiging a "my page" . If you want to come visit and say hello thats fine. gina :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Gina, I may be wrong, but I think you can copy and paste your posts from your journal into your page - I thought I heard that over on BYC, that's how some people turn their posts into their coup page, for example (I'm going to try to do that someday myself).

So maybe it would be a better idea if you want it all in one place to take it to your page - and then in the journal section you can put a little post that says 'Updated today' or somesuch. Just a thought....

I don't think we're going to get any great changes in functionality here, after all, Rob is so busy with three forums (that we all participate on), plus I know he's got others. Maybe someday, but for now, we'll have to deal with what we have and try to be innovative about it.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Please follow this "journal" entry that is the wrong place. Hopefully by the end it will make sense as to why it is here.

Warning, this has not been proofread. :eek:

Get up at 5:00 am, eat breakfast and fix my lunch. Leave for work at 6:00am. Work all day. Get home at 6:15 pm or so. Check on the chickens. Eat supper. Check email. Check the news on the internet. Do a few other things while all this is going on. Check BYC. Check SS. It is now after 9:00 pm and I still need to take a shower and go to bed.

My routine for the forums is go to my posts and catch up there first. Well, with so many journals there is a lot to my posts. It is almost overwhelming.
So what I do is skip the journals until I read the other posts under my posts, then I go to the journals, then I go to recent posts. Most of the time I skim because there is so much and my time is limited. This results in me missing some good information and some interesting posts.

So where am I going with all this? If everyone moves their journal to their my page I will miss out because for me out of sight does not exist. If I don't see your posts then I forget whose journal/my page I want to read. So my thought is do a my page if you want but I also like the journal threads.

Recipes and other tips for self sufficiency are fine in your journal but please put then in the other threads too.

Today there seemed to be a lot of new posts. wow.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I LOVE the journals...I feel like I'm getting to know some really neat, nice people...its sort of like being able to phone up your friends each evening to find out how their day went.

I'm with Farmer on this one, I think the initial fervor of the journals will die down a little...I think everyone was so excited to be able to communicate more effectively, that we went hogwild.

I like them being in the recent posts because I would never remember to check someone's My Page. I've tried the My Page and its real clunky and not so fast as just posting...I don't know about you all but I try to be a little saving with my time as well as my money. Every little bit counts!