Thrift store shopping

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found an entertainment amoir at Salvation Army this last summer for $35, it is made from all wood & was on sale & then another 60% off that!! So it was a great buy. It still had the doors on it too.

********HM----I can only say YOU LUCKY DOG!

Unbelievable price. I want one of these to hide the tv so bad! But prices--no way! Went looking "for fun"--the one I loved was $5K--beautiful cherry but holy moly that ain't happening..LOL

so looking for a deal like you and have been looking a LONG time. Ugh

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I was just lucky that day. I was on my way to Walmart(across the street) & decided to stop & see if they had any dining rm chairs(of course not) & found the armoire:ep
Asked if I paid for it would they hold it till the next day & no problem!! Don went & picked it up the next afternoon after his Dr. appt. And Scott was going to be here that evening to help unload it!! Plus it has wheels on it so I was able to move it where I wnated it after they got it out of the truck. Now if I could just find some chairs for my dining rm table like that deal!!:thun Especially since we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner here. I have my folding chairs that go to the card table there now. And there is only 4 of them. I have 3 folding metal chairs too. But I would like something a little nicer. Maybe someone will donate a few nice ones to the church rummage sale. Even if they are end ones that would be great!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
RTRChick said:
Aw, we have a great chain here in alabama called America's Thrift Store. I don't like the Goodwills or Salvation Army around here, not many good deals and over priced. But the other places are good. Do you guys have yard sales or garage sales? My in-laws are always finding great stuff at the more affluent parts of town usually for good prices, maybe you could try something like that? But it might not be worth it because of the price of gas..

ETA: Thank you beekissed! I saw your post on BYC and decided to give this forum a look so you brought me over and welcomed me!
Aw shucks! :rolleyes: I think you will fit in perfectly over here with the frugal geeks and hippy freaks! :D :lol: Thanks for sliding on over! :bouquet
BK, frugal geek and hippy freak sounds like great titles! I sure feel like a frugal geek around most of my family and friends.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Our biggest consignment store is kind of pricey to me. Although on the flip side I am planning to take some of my stuff there and let them worry with it instead of having a yard sale. We have a good size Goodwill store. I loooove going thrift seeking as long as I am alone. MY DH and DS just cross their arms and hover behind me.