Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does it feel too early to most of ya?

I don't know but it seems early to me LOL

like I don't want the 'heating time' to come :p

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is cool in our house, but I haven't turned on the heat yet. That would be admitting that summer is over. :rolleyes:

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I refuse to turn my heat on until November no matter what. I have socks and sweaters and slippers to get me through the tough spots.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have to tell you this. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at our very young local weather man last night.
Our temps have ranged from mid 30's overnight and back up to mid to upper 70's during the day. Typical weather. Nice, nothing major. The 30ish temps only last a few hours in the early moring hours. Just cool enough for me to grab a long sleeve shirt to slip on when I walk the dog at 5:30 a.m.
So our weather report last night was: "We are in for more of these BRUTALLY cold mornings". :lol:
I am considering emailing the TV station and asking them where this guy is from. Miami maybe.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Brutually.....:lol:

and ya know even these 30s are not the cold ones ya know.....I had 30s in winter that have that 'extra cold' in them and DO FEEL darn cold, but these 30s are nothing right now except to make ya open your eyes and say, crud, winter is coming and grab a jacket! :)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I think it is perfect weather right now! LOL Brutal is a bit of a stretch!!!!!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I turned on the heat this morning! :lol:

anyone else throwing on a bit of heat in the morning yet?
We've had the heat on for a couple weeks... we had our first snowfall three weeks ago (but it melted by the end of the day), and it's been below freezing for quite a few nights... but we're in canada and we kind of expect that :) On the plus side our days have been wnoderful and warm

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hw
that is tough. I could not handle snow right now :lol:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are expecting our first hard freeze (23F) this week, according to the best guesses of the weather channel, lol. I turned on the heat this morning, but only because I had forgotten to bring in the laundry last night and the socks I wanted to wear were a bit.... cool, so I hung them over a chair in front of the heater for a bit.:lol:

Latest posts