Tomorrow is it... UPDATE

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have read all the posts about job loss and layoffs and have had much sympathy and prayed for all of you in those situations. Now it's my turn. Found out today that tomorrow is my last day at m job. I work as a personal aide for a little girl with many behavioral/psych diagnoses. Well, she is moving to her mother's in another town. So my job is no longer needed. I will continue to sub at the school when they need me. I'm sure we'll be ok. We haven't tightened the belt as far as it can go yet!! More than anything, I worry about this child. Her situation is bad here, but I believe it will be worse there.

Right now I am hoping to hang on in case they should need someone again. I think DH would prefer I find something else (easier said than done). This was working out so well. I am on the same schedule as the kids, LOVED the job and the people I worked with. I know that everything happens for a reason, and it will all work out.

Thanks for "listening".

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AAhhh....that is so hard when your job is related to working with kids and such and now that is disappearing. and you are worried for her. just extra emotions along with losing the paid position.

but changes do happen for a reason in this life. it all has a purpose and I know you will walk into another situation where you can help someone else's life!!!

It is sad when forced changes happen. I hope all is an improvement for her new situation, rather than worse.....you never know but I hope so and fingers are crossed for her.

and for you!!!!

so many changes for everyone lately. with these times, things just are so uncertain...whereas we used to just take even our routines and daily things for granted. now those are changing for so many in this country. every day life changes that happen so quick!!!!!

hang in there and keep your eyes open for any great opportunity that may come your way! :)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you lost a job where you were so obviously needed.
You have my thoughts and prayers too. With your skills, I'm sure that something meaningful will come your way.

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I know we'll be OK. My sweet principal was near tears when she told me. She and the teacher in my room are still trying to come up with something to keep me there. Worse case (I think - -I never challenge worse) is I just wait until fall and apply for a full time position. That is why I was cut. If I had been full time, they would have been able to work something out.

I guess the good thing (or is it a bad thing?) is now I have no excuse for not getting housework and such done. :barnie

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We'll pray that every thing works out for you and the little girl, BB.

Sorry to hear about losing the excuse about the housework... :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NOW WAIT A MINUTE!
don't go replacing that new found time with housework! No!
you find something fun to do....go walk at the park, ride a bike, stop and smell the roses, hmm...winter, stop and smell the bare bark trees..HA HA
Plan some more SS projects to save you money!
Housework...no...never replace anything with housework...leave it..HA HA HA

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Actually FC, before Christmas I bought myself some "learn to" kits for knitting and crocheting. I got them in the kids' section of the craft store. Now might be a good time to break them out.

I felt a little silly buying them for myself, but hey, I have been around kids so much lately that I think I can take on the child attitude (and aptitude) to learn this!

Thanks to all for the prayer. Please keep this little girl and her brother & sister in your prayers. I have come to love her, even if she tries to kick the snot out of me at times :lol: She is emotionally very fragile. It won't take much for her to break.

I saw mom's new boyfriend at our Christmas program....wouldn't let MY kids within 100 feet of him. Scary!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ewwhh
I don't like those scary looking guys. I know what you mean. And that is the new boyfriend. yikes. what are some women thinking?

YES get those "learn to" kits out and learn. Can you imagine in no time you will be crocheting an afghan or something....very SS and very frugal! great gifts and such!

truthfully, we as women usually never take real time for ourselves. this is your time to learn, relax and have fun. hard to do, but if we just realize life is not a race, not a contest, and to be enjoyed, you might just settle your mind and be OK with all of this.

I want to learn to knit. but fumbly fingers me, hmm...and I have short patience for crafts. I want to, I don't want to but you know, in the end it is a good SS thing to know. So now the pros are more and I think I will learn.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear the news, big bertha. I hope that everything works out the best for everyone.

FarmerChick is right on at least two counts here:
1. This may be your opportunity to find better employment (or maybe to take on full-time work at the same place).
2. Stop and smell the roses (and work on your SS projects and learn a new skill!). That is so very important. Housework can drain all your available time, if you let it. Ask me how I know. ;)

Latest posts