Tony's on Layoff--Ugh!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the usual Commscope holiday season layoff is here. some years he doesn't get laid off but this year he just did. he called a bit ago and said, layoff here we come!
UGH!

not in dire straits of course cause some money coming in but yikes, I just hate this time...so scary. Their company just lost $4 million in current cable orders overnight and that pushed layoff into reality.

So cut back for me big time. And worse after layoff (who knows when it will be over??) we have to "catch up" all the medical bills etc. we owe for our plans and such...UGH.....

not too upset, but also not a happy camper here! :(

oh heavens he is going to be in my hair! :)

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! I'm so sorry. I hope it will not be a long lasting layoff. If you're feeling any good vibes coming down from the north, that's just me here in Vermont sending you all the strength and positive energy I can! :hugs

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:| I feel for you. Try to keep him busy with man stuff. Hope it doesnt last long.
You are better prepared than last year right? :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks henrietta---we got thru tough times before...

thanks annemarie---will be grabbing all the good northern vibes I can! :) I feel them flying down now..LOL

Hey RM---I am in a good way and not in a good way. Last year was actually less bills than now but at least I have the unemployment money coming in...cause I can stretch a buck a long way and YES, I guess I am better NOW cause if needed I can post questions on this board how to stretch that dollar even further! LOL

just scary ya know

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh I am so sorry!

When I first read the title of your thread I thought, uh oh, she's gonna tell us how having him home all day is going to drive her nuts :lol:

Look at it this way, you've got him around the house to help ya out with the farm!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You are tough, hang in there, you will get through it. You all ways have us to lend an ear if you need to talk or need some support!
I am sending you good luck to help ease you through this trying time!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh goodness, I'm sending some postive vibes your way too. I hope it wont last very long.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
My dh was specialty construction (equestrian arenas, sports venues) for the past 4 years. No work from November to March every year. Ugly, ugly! But you sure learn what is "needed" and what is important in life.........

Hugs your way, FarmerChick!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
So, like, he can do some of your farm work so that you can spend more time on the computer with us, right, right? ;)

Seriously, I'm sorry it happened, that really sucks. Hang in there,

Pat