Too much cottage cheese! Any ideas of what I could do?

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mix with mashed potatoes and stuff some pirogi's. I've also blended it smooth and used in place of sour cream on top of baked potatoes too. My favorite is just blop of it with salt and pepper and a few good dill pickles- I can not stand it with fruit. To me that combo wastes fruit and cottage cheese lol :lol:
I've also put some in ham and cheese omelets not a huge success but not bad. I have also dropped some right on top of a nice bowl of chili before with a bit of chopped pickled jalapenos and that was way yummy.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Emerald said:
mix with mashed potatoes and stuff some pirogi's. I've also blended it smooth and used in place of sour cream on top of baked potatoes too. My favorite is just blop of it with salt and pepper and a few good dill pickles- I can not stand it with fruit. To me that combo wastes fruit and cottage cheese lol :lol:
I've also put some in ham and cheese omelets not a huge success but not bad. I have also dropped some right on top of a nice bowl of chili before with a bit of chopped pickled jalapenos and that was way yummy.
Great ideas! Totally forgot about pierogies but we eat those all the time with my Ukrainian background.

Going to have to try the chili idea...

sleuth

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just add salt and a lot of black pepper and I eat it. Love it.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sleuth said:
I just add salt and a lot of black pepper and I eat it. Love it.
Still my favorite way to eat it.. we just got a fresh batch of tillicherry black peppercorns and the fresh cracked pepper and creamy cottage cheese is just yummy! but. I only have this once in a great while.. darn lactose intolerance. at least I can take a couple pills now a days to help but they only work so hard! lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh yeah...I hid it in taco meat once, and it was GREAT! Nobody knew the difference they just thought i gave them extra cheese....which I kinda did :p

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Oh yeah...I hid it in taco meat once, and it was GREAT! Nobody knew the difference they just thought i gave them extra cheese....which I kinda did :p
OH YUM! that would be nice. I've often added a scoop of refried beans to my taco meat to make it stretch farther(without telling the kids of course) and I'd bet beans and cottage cheese would be yummy and creamy. The kids love my refried beans now so I don't have to hide them.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Make lasagna and use it instead of ricotta. I never use ricotta.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
Cheese blintzes....yum!
Oh WOW!! Made crepes with Sweet Cheese filling for the first time. I think I'm in love........... :lol: Found the recipe when I did a cheese blintze search - Thanks!!