Tornado in our county right now! VIDEO FOOTAGE added..

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Here's another Northerner voting for the blizzards. :hide

For me, tornadoes, although less frequent, are more random and have the potential for causing more damage.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:

For me, tornadoes, although less frequent, are more random and have the potential for causing more damage.
I'll give ya the random for sure. They aren't less frequent in my neck of the woods...this is an every Spring thing...though usually doesn't start until May. Guess it's early this year :hu We had the last one in February though :th It hit 3 miles from me. I actually looked out my front door and watched that one :hide I heard the one yesterday as it went by. They are scary indeed.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:

I'll give ya the random for sure. They aren't less frequent in my neck of the woods...this is an every Spring thing...though usually doesn't start until May. Guess it's early this year :hu We had the last one in February though :th It hit 3 miles from me. I actually looked out my front door and watched that one :hide I heard the one yesterday as it went by. They are scary indeed.
Less frequent for us, I agree, but I did get close to one confirmed and one probable, and that was enough for me.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Everyone says they sound like a train. They don't. They sound like a train WHISTLE unless your IN it. I heard that yesterday. Gives me chills every time I hear it! That's close enough for me as well.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:

I agree. I'll take a huge blizzard over a tornado ANY day!
Blizzards are annoying. Tornado's consume you and everything they touch. I'll stay where I am and watch the snow fall.
Yes, it gets pretty cold up here, but at least it stays put. I lived in Wichita Falls Texas in 1979 and got enough tornado to last me a lifetime. No thank you. I'll take the blizzard, please.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You guys know they can happen about anywhere, right? ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It's all about the odds, sister!!! :p More likely to happen in your neck of the woods, not mine. :D

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The tornado we were in 3 years ago sounded like a low rumble. The sky and clouds seemed to glow and swirl. It made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. That's when we left. Of course it was all over in minutes and we were left with nothing but ruins. This time I made sure to run from get-go! our town is without water, but not from tornados, but from the flooding. It stopped up the filters to the water station and they can't get to the area to fix it or something like that. Fortunatley we don't use their water so it didn't affect us, but dh has been driving a water truck and pumping to the hospital until they get it fixed. my heart really goes out to the people here and in the other states that have lost their homes. You think about it totally different when you have been through it yourself.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
They are definately scary, and very much a hair raising experience. I wasn't IN one, but too close for comfort. From my view, it was a low rumble as well. The clouds and sky around were bright orange from the lightning flashing through the hail, and deathly still...no wind, no rain, not even a leaf or blade of grass moving. Eeeery silence except the rumble. Freaked me OUT! 3 miles away and flat land between us....not far enough!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
At my job, we're out of power everywhere in AL. People kept asking when they'd get internet and I kept saying, I don't know how important we are on the list of who gets power up first. LOL