Tornado in our county right now! VIDEO FOOTAGE added..

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hail is formed in storms with strong internal updrafts, in a cycle of water falling and being carried back up into the storm to freeze again and again. The larger the hail, the stronger the updraft. If I remember correctly, there is some mechanism that the updraft interacts with an air inflow to create the cyclonic winds.

Wow, thanks for sharing the pix

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Hopefully the worst is over for you all..!
Thanks for the pics, and be safe...!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It has blown out! HALLELUJAH!!!! Maybe things will dry up now before it starts again Sunday :/ Schools closed again tomorrow due to flooding. i am so happy to see a bit of sunshine before it goes down for the day :lol: :weee :weee

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
UGH...just got word my cousin can't get to her house...trees down everywhere in Counce area around Pickwick lake. In line winds knocked down trees everywhere and took out the bank and dollar store over there and several other buildings along the way in town there. No word of fatalities yet. Still trying to contact my little cousins that live in the middle of the damaged area. There street was on the list of ones not gotten to yet due to downed trees and other debris :hit

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh my! I'll be praying that everyone is OK.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Correction, it was a tornado. Took 7 homes, Fred's, the bank, and the hardware store, and several other buisnesses and houses sustained heavy damage.

Still haven't found out if my cousins are okay. It has been an hour now since it came through.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
No fatalities, two non critical injuries...so far. Estimated 50 homes damaged by falling trees. EF1 tornado. Whew...wish cousin would answer his dang phone!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have had a death toll of 11 from those same storms in arkansas so far. It has finally blown out of here too with just a little drizzle coming down now. I think 4 of the deaths were from flooding and the rest from tornados. It got wicked here too. One went through our area, but never touched down. Your yard and mine look very similar, both full of soaking wet animals and standing water!!! My poor goose was in a dog house with an egg in the middle of a pond of water looking very unhappy. She and her baby(which hatched this evening WHOO-HOOO) managed to stay dry in their house despite the flooding around her.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've wondered about moving to Tennessee, maybe I DON'T want to. Tornadoes are rare around here, and where I live, the soil is pretty sandy. So, even though we're about 1/4 mile from a lake, we've never had any flooding problems, even when we've gotten torrential rainfall from the remnants of a hurricane.

Latest posts