Totally orgasmic canned peppers

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The plan is for me to throw them down my own throat! They sound fantastic, I am going to try pressure canning them just to be on the safer side and I threw the other method out there for others who may not have a pressure canner. Thanks for sharing.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup, pressure canner would make them taste just the same. I just don't know about changing the recipe. It might work out alright. Maybe if someone wants to try it that way, make a small batch of each? I do apologize for the crankiness of my last post... I was in a really crabby mood from the suffocating heat (I think anyways, hopefully I haven't been taken over by aliens or something)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't read you as cranky at all, just noting that this recipe has been used safely by your ex's family for generations :)

And I apologize for anything I said that may have come across as though I don't trust your information or judgement--because I do.

As much as I value old canning recipes handed down to me from my Grandmas and my Mom--even they each said to check current canning leaflets/cookbooks every time I can to be sure I'm doing everything safely--the rules were constantly changing back in their day as well, and they each tweaked various recipes over the years to meet the latest information they had.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wasn't really offended or anything, just being a crank-ass all day over everything, and was hoping it didn't come through in my post. After reading again, it looked like I was showing off my crankiness, lol. Honestly, if I could get ahold of a pressure canner, I'd sure do it, mostly for the time it cuts off of processing.