baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When we go to Canton, we rent the electric handicapped carts for the day. Worth every penny!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The table above is from a little town "South Boston" that is here in VA...maybe 120 miles from me. They shut down an entire section of "Main St" & have this Fall Festival each year.
Fun, nice people. It's 9/30 this year but, not doing it this Yr.

Things just don't work right now for that to happen. Sadly.

I try to keep pics as some events require those to be submitted before you are allowed to sign up, along with product info. My soaps have a business card on one side and the contents on the side you see above. Contents are not required by law but, I find it quite helpful for users.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There's a place north of us here in Scottsboro, AL called unclaimed baggage. They keep unclaimed airline baggage for a year, and if it's not claimed in a year, they sell it in a big ongoing thrift store type of store. You'd never believe some of the stuff that goes unclaimed! Golf clubs and surf boards, 8' tall Hollywood movie stuff, cameras, DVD players, and everything in between. I don't know how to add a link but it's great fun to look around there as well.
Pawn shops in my part of the world sometimes purchase palletloads of police-auction things of similar description & range. These also are made up of things (stolen things, mostly) that have gone unclaimed or perhaps replaced via insurance claims. Not that I want to divert the thread... maybe someone should start a thread devoted to pawn shops.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here is a 5 state garage sale coming up. I am 10 miles from Highway 80 and haven't gone yet in the 3 years we've lived here. I am going this time!

@milkmansdaughter you could set up for this one, just park on the side of the road.

http://www.hwy80sale.net/

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Love it @Mini Horses. I bet they do smell good. I should get some just for company.
At my house I have a while bucket of old soap bars from when I worked at a motel... (Lol! My sister would be so embarrassed. :lol:) When we were kids we had a whole box that dad got from his brother's motel. Easy way to have soap for us 8 kids. I am absolutely certain that yours smells MUCH better!!:lol:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Joel_BC that pumpkin artist is really good. In Wisconsin, near Waupaca, there's a guy that does over 100 every year, and people tour his place to see all the lit up and carved pumpkins. Really cool, temporary art. :) And in the winter (in Green Bay) they have a winter festival with ice carvings. They do these carving up and down the street, then they have a chili Cook off, and they light up the sculptures at night. They have horse drawn carriage rides so you can go see them all if you don't want to walk. Hot cocoa, lit hot air balloons, really cool (some years downright COLD!:lol: ) it's fun to see what crafty ideas people come up with.

@baymule that's a couple of hours south of us, closer to where I used to live, but yes, I still know people down there and could sell stuff. Some things are just fun to check out aren't they? Between your place and ours, we could set up rest stops like the old stage coach stops... Gotta get more people on here, then people could shop from house to house :)

@NH Homesteader come on down!! :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We do have a pretty awesome pumpkin festival in NH! I might find more if I traveled to southern NH, near one of the cities. I'm kind of in the middle of nothing here lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I wish I could go over and visit one of those fairs! We have weekly markets here in some towns and villages. I love shopping there for fruit and veg, chickens ;), tools, etc. At some you can even buy horses! I haven't seen a market where I am living now, I do miss visiting them.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I also love the fall festivals. All the little towns around here have festivals. I want to go to the Syrup Festival in Henderson this year. They have a mule driven crushing mill that squeezes the sugar cane, then they boil the juice down to syrup. I loves me some sorghum syrup over a biscuit!

Latest posts