baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds and looks like a lot of fun. You could do a lot of shopping there.

20 miles down the Interstate is Canton, with a HUGE First Monday Trade Days. The Friday, Saturday and Sunday before the first Monday of the month is the trades day weekend. It covers over 400 acres. It is impossible to see everything in a weekend. Your Trades Day looks like more fun.

http://www.firstmondaycanton.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Monday_Trade_Days

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wow... We have nothing like that here. We just have farmer's markets and yard sales. Oh and an annual craft fair right after thanksgiving. And they're usually overpriced and not well attended. I would love that!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There's a place north of us here in Scottsboro, AL called unclaimed baggage. They keep unclaimed airline baggage for a year, and if it's not claimed in a year, they sell it in a big ongoing thrift store type of store. You'd never believe some of the stuff that goes unclaimed! Golf clubs and surf boards, 8' tall Hollywood movie stuff, cameras, DVD players, and everything in between. I don't know how to add a link but it's great fun to look around there as well.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When we go to Canton, we rent the electric handicapped carts for the day. Worth every penny!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There's a place north of us here in Scottsboro, AL called unclaimed baggage. They keep unclaimed airline baggage for a year, and if it's not claimed in a year, they sell it in a big ongoing thrift store type of store. You'd never believe some of the stuff that goes unclaimed! Golf clubs and surf boards, 8' tall Hollywood movie stuff, cameras, DVD players, and everything in between. I don't know how to add a link but it's great fun to look around there as well.
Pawn shops in my part of the world sometimes purchase palletloads of police-auction things of similar description & range. These also are made up of things (stolen things, mostly) that have gone unclaimed or perhaps replaced via insurance claims. Not that I want to divert the thread... maybe someone should start a thread devoted to pawn shops.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here is a 5 state garage sale coming up. I am 10 miles from Highway 80 and haven't gone yet in the 3 years we've lived here. I am going this time!

@milkmansdaughter you could set up for this one, just park on the side of the road.

http://www.hwy80sale.net/

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Love it @Mini Horses. I bet they do smell good. I should get some just for company.
At my house I have a while bucket of old soap bars from when I worked at a motel... (Lol! My sister would be so embarrassed. :lol:) When we were kids we had a whole box that dad got from his brother's motel. Easy way to have soap for us 8 kids. I am absolutely certain that yours smells MUCH better!!:lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We do have a pretty awesome pumpkin festival in NH! I might find more if I traveled to southern NH, near one of the cities. I'm kind of in the middle of nothing here lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I wish I could go over and visit one of those fairs! We have weekly markets here in some towns and villages. I love shopping there for fruit and veg, chickens ;), tools, etc. At some you can even buy horses! I haven't seen a market where I am living now, I do miss visiting them.