TRAGIC NEWS... We are home

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so sorry I missed this. I'm so sorry for you, and I can't even imagine the pain. I pray to God no one should ever again have to know it... and I'm praying for your family. I hope He holds you up in this time of need.

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh Dear that is awful. I hope time will bring an end to your sorrow. Try and keep your chin up.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AK

I am sorry I didn't read this sooner(offline at home and just occasionally check in at work). My paryers are with you and yours.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I agree with what others have said. There are no words. :/ :hugs May your family find some peace in each other's company right now.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Has anyone heard how things are going with Justusnak? I miss her and think of her every day. If you talk with her, let her know that we love her and are holding on to her hand with our hearts. :hugs

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I was just wondering the same thing.... I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I agree with Bee, if anyone hears from her please let us know how she's doing and that we're thinking of her and keeping her and her family in our hearts...

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's an awful thing to endure, I'm sure. An old neighborhood friend of mine has just lost her 29 year old son (went to school with my eldest) via an overdose. Not the same mode, I understand, but a mother's loss is the same no matter how it happens. I wish them both peace in their hearts and minds and pray they can find it someday. My son is the same age - I can't imagine :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cant express the thanks from all of you, and i know that all of your prayers are what got me through this.
Last week was the hardest week of my life...loseing my son will never heal...but, I am at peace, most of the time, knowing he is in a better place. A dear friend told me at the wake......Our Lord took the brightest light in our family circle, so he would be there to light the way when it is our turn to go home. I find comfort in this...my son IS the brightest light. He was so full of fun, and life...and loved to be a clown. He loved his boys, and spent every day with them playing, and beeing goofy. Takeing them skateboarding...fishing on the weekends...and even swimming, in the very lake that took his life.
Wednesday even, our family went to the very spot where he drowned...and layed 29 candles on the beach...in memory of his 29 years of life. THAT was hard...I wanted to scream at that lake, and at God..it took me to a very dark place in my life..that I didnt like.
At the wake....my other son, who was there when it happened, got a call from his inlaws.they were drunk and threatening to come dureing the funeral and take HIS son from him. They have no legal right, and I for one was WANTING them to show up so I could use MY anger on them. I tried to calmly talk to her, and tell her to please waite untill this is over and we would all talk about it...she screamed into the phone... " I dont give a F@#& about your sons funeral, and we will be there to take the baby" At this point, I wanted revenge...and just told her..." You come on out, I will be waiting on you and if you think you can get past me, come and try" They never showed. I DID notify the police, just in case. I did tell the officer.. " If you dont take care of them, I WILL" She just wanted to make this even harder than it had to be...and she succeeded. I WILL get my revenge. One day...some how.
My sons "grieving wife" was 30 minutes late for the wake...and left after an hour. They had a BBQ to attend.!! I will never forgive her, for this. These people have no class...no feelings...so I have decided to turn it over to God....he WILL take care of them.
All I can say....is I WILL see my 3 grandsons...soon..and they will come to MY farm.
Its wierd...but I am at peace with this all. I have given my anger and grief over to God...he is taking care of me and my family. Oh, I will still cry...and grieve...but I know..my son is with God...and is well again....and is at peace as well.
We are home now...back at the farm..and while we were gone, my little Mary, ( my Ewe) had a little lamb. She is beautifull...and a gift from God dureing a very dark time. I think I will name her Angel.
Thanks again from the very bottom of my heart...for all of the prayers.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
just - it's good to hear from you and to know how you are doing :hugs You have been missed, and in our thoughts and prayers.

I guess I don't understand your sons wife being late and then leaving. :( If that were my husband, they'd be dragging me away, because there's no way I'd leave.