Training Boi - Mobility Service Dog

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She turned 6 months on the 15th of December. I think she's one of those dogs that's going to be too smart for her own good. It's hard to admit that I might have a dog that's smarter than me, lol. But with that intelligence comes a measure of stubbornness. I call it the "why should I" syndrome. Beau - thank goodness he's sweet, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll start on that tomorrow! I really think she needs the challenge. She picks up things so quickly. Weather is supposed to suck tomorrow so I can work on her inside which has lots less distractions for the beginning of a new task. Then we'll move it outside.

Thanks for the tip!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm being too easy on her. 6 months old is old enough for a down stay.
Geeze, apparently I can't think late at night and my brain goes to sleep before my body does. Raine is 5 months old. Beau is six months. But they'll both start getting more challenging training now. "Sit, down and leave me alone" are about the extent of what they know now, lol. Oh, and they know how to eat. And chew things. And dig holes. And bark. I love them! :love

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your ribs dislocate? And you are training Boi to put them back in place? The things you do and accomplish with your health problems never fail to astonish me.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Your ribs dislocate? And you are training Boi to put them back in place? The things you do and accomplish with your health problems never fail to astonish me.
2 of my ribs subluxate. I'm thankful I havent had a frank dislocation anywhere. Lots of subluxations and most resolve themselves and arent too painful. Ribs are more troublesome and painful!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm having an emotional night. New Year's Eve tends to be a bad one because it reminds me of what I cant do or accomplish.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After DH had a horrible car accident - not only did he break 7 ribs - one of them came unattached from his breast bone. Oh man! You could feel it popping up an down under his skin. He would say "my baby is kicking, lol." We spent lots of time on Google looking for suggestions and Prolotherapy kept popping up. We found a pain management doc who gave him several injections (can't remember if it was saline or dextrose) that was supposed to irritate the area and help it scar over and after a couple of injections - it actually worked. Weird times though.

I know it's gotta be rough to have the challenges that you do. But, seriously, you make me look like a lazy bum! You accomplish more than a lot of more able bodied folks ever could. You are the embodiment of "make a plan - not an excuse," and you have a lot of admirers here! :hugs

Latest posts